28: All Is Fair (1)

Marquis de Lafayette x Reader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All's fair in love and war.

But nothing is fair.

You were about to lose the only person you care about.

"(Y/n) (L/n). If you walk out of that door, you are no longer my daughter." Your father warned.

Your hand held onto the door knob. This was your way out. You can finally make a name for yourself. Defy society. Become strong.

"Please don't leave... Don't leave me..."

"I'm sorry."

And with that, you left.

---------

Henry Longbow.

That was your name now.

Everyday you bandaged up your chest, and put on your soldier's uniform. Somehow you made it to the position of Aide de Camp.

The person you were aiding?

The Marquis de Lafayette.

Every night the both of you were off, he would invite you to go out with him and his three rowdy friends to go to the bar, and you always refused.

Alcohol and you were not the best mix, all your secrets would come out.

You refused and refused, and then they challenged you.

"Henry, why don't you ever drink with us?" John Laurens asked you, while entering the tent you were working in.

"Yeah, mom aime, come out and drink with us! I bet you can't beat Hercules at a drinking contest."

"Personne ne peut battre Hercules à un concours de boisson." You stated. ((No one can beat Hercules at a drinking contest.))

"He's not wrong."

"Besides I have work to do."

"Not anymore. Mon aime, as your commanding officer, I'm giving you the day off!" Lafayette declared plucking the quill out of your hand, and pulling you from your seat, "I'm also commanding you to come to the tavern with me and the others!"

You started your refusal, "I'm sorry, sir, but-"

BOOM.

You heard cries and screams from outside the tent. Guns being shot sounded out just a few seconds later. Lafayette dropped the quill and ran outside. You reacted much slower.

You gathered the paper sprawled all over the desk and over Lafayette's.

John asked what you were doing.

"They can't get these plans! Hurry and take them!" You shoved the paper in you hand into John's and started to push him out of the tent.

"But what about you?" John stopped himself.

"I'll be fine! Go!" With a final push, you successfully get John out of the tent closing it behind him.

You then proceed to gather the rest of the important papers letting you voice go back to its girly tone without thinking about it.

"Crap. Crap!" You said out loud, We aren't ready. This wasn't supposed to-" You were cut off by the tent opening.

You turned to look at who was entering when you caught eyes with Lafayette. You two stood in silence, the war was still going on in the background.

Lafayette spoke first, "Henry, I need your u to get out of here. They're about to take the camp, were retreating!"

"But the plans-"

"Brule les! Let's go!" Lafayette ordered and you ran to the candle burning in its holder, thinking that maybe he didn't hear you.

"Lafayette! We need you out here!" Someone called outside.

"I'll be back!" Lafayette assured you and you nodded, starting to make a faire to burn all of the plans, but before you could throw the last paper in the fire you heard gun shot. You threw the last paper in, no time to be worried now.

You grabbed your pistols, and proceeded to leave the tent. Only, you never made it out, instead, someone came in.

You immediately lifted up your pistol, when you saw the red of your assailant's coat. He, in turn, rose his as well.

You don't now who shot first. You just remember hitting the ground.

----------

"Henry? Henry, Réveillez-vous." You gotta stay awake." Lafayette was in panic mode. He saw the redcoat enter your tent but he was too late to stop the bastard from shooting you. He quickly killed the man once he left the tent. Lafayette was kneeling next to you, trying to keep you awake.

"Henry, I have to cut your shirt, try to get the bullet out." Lafayette told you, and you started your protest.

"No... I'm okay..." You were definitely not okay. Right after that sentence pain struck through your body, and you yelled out. Lafayette quickly covered your mouth, so that you wouldn't be heard by the red coats outside.

"Henry, you have to let me-"

"No! It's just a flesh wound I can still-"

"Je sais que tu es une femme!" Lafayette cut you off with a surprising piece of news. ((I know you're a woman!))

"H-How?"

"We, the whole group, including George Washington, have always known. Well, we figure it out about a week after you first came here." Laf explained.

You remembered back to that week. You had stubbed your toe, and proceed to shout a string of curses in your not so perfected guy voice.

"Henr-"

"Y/n. Je m'appelle, Y/n L/n." You smile at him, and he smiled back. ((My name's Y/n L/n.))

"Well, Y/n L/n, I just have one thing to tell you." Lafayette started. "If you die, I will kill you, so please let me treat your wound."

"All is fair in love and war." You unconsciously mumbled out.

"What was that?" Lafayette asked, focused on what he was doing.

"Nothing, I just found a new meaning to something.