13: Drunken Minds

John Laurens X Reader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your friends had dragged you out to bar in celebration of something that you could not remember anymore. You had only agreed on coming, upon hearing that John was going to be in town, and that he was coming too.

"Viva la révolution!" Lafayette yelled while jumping off of the table onto Herc's back.

"Gilbert, what the fuck!" Hercules grumbled taking the weight of his friend. Herc had decided to stay sober, which was surprising. Then again if he kept up the heavy drinking his liver would fail. "I got y'all knuckle heads in a loco parentis" he had said, whatever the heck that meant.

"You done messed up A-A-RON!" Alexander and you laughed as Aaron came back to the table hanging his head in defeat. He'd just been slapped (probably for saying something vulgar), and rejected by Theodosia Bartow Prevost for the third time tonight. It was a wonder how you remembered her full name right now, but couldn't think about how you ended up in John's lap.

You were all clearly drunk out of your minds including the worst, your very own John Laurens.

"Helloooo, pretty lady. " He whispered in your ear. Your head turned to look at John not noticing how close he was.

"Ow." You both said when you knocked foreheads.

"John, why that close?" Yep, grammar was a thing of the past when you were drunk.

"'Cause I wanted to kiss ya." John slurred, his country accent thickening his speech.

"Oh really. Why didn't you do it then?" You winked did you do that? You didn't know, something the alcohol thought was absolutely necessary. It was probably more of a blink.

"I was too captivated by your beauty." John smiled. You smiled back, and picked up your glass realizing it was empty.

"Who wants more rounds?!" You yelled over all the commotion in the bar.

Your friends all roared with agreements. Hercules rolled his eyes. "No. No more drinks. It's time for us to all head home."

"No!" John protested.

"What?" Aaron looked appalled.

"No more drinks! I'm getting you guys an uber." Hercules said taking out his phone.

***

"You're no fun!" You whined

"Alexander, get in the car." To say Herc was frustrated was an understatement.

"No! I have rights! The right to keep drinking!" Alex pouted as the driver and Hercules tried to coax him into the car.

You and John were watching the speculation slightly more sober than you were before. The whole thing seemed hilarious to your drunken minds.

Hercules looks at the two laughing hyenas and shakes his head. "The car is full. Y/N, I can call another one if you want."

"NONSENSE!" John protested.

"John, shush." You warned, not wanting to wake the whole neighborhood.

"Sorry, nonsense! She can crash at my place!" John said.

"I don't agree with this!" Alex yelled from the car.

"Shhhh... Mon cher amie. You don't agree with anything." Lafayette consoled him.

"True.. True.." Alex put his arm out the window giving y'all a thumbs up.

"My house is literally right there." John points to the building across the street where his apartment is. "There's no use in wasting money on an Über!"

Hercules pushed Alex's arm back into the car and closed the door. "Okay, but you two have to promise me you'll go straight to John's house, and not go to another bar."

"We promise!" You both said in unison, but Herc saw the devious smiles on your faces.

'You two are up to something.' He thought as you and John crossed the street to John's apartment.

* * *

3 hours later you were even more drunk that when you left the bar.

He said that you couldn't go to another bar, but nothing about draining John's personal alcohol reserve.

"You know, Y/N, why haven't we ever talked about dating?"

"Cause you no like me, John." You were in denial.

"I do! Are you that oblivious?" John slurred and you laughed.

"Big word for drunk man." You smiled.

"I know right I'm so smart- wait, you're changing the subject!" He gasped.

"You're drunk, I'm drunk. I don't want anything to happen and then our friend thing to be over. I like you, but you don't know what you're saying." I drowned the rest of your drink.

But as you were lifting you glass, and took it away and your awaiting lips were met by John's.

The kiss was laced with the taste of alcohol, but there was something else there. Sparks that you'd never thought you'd feel.

But you couldn't help but feel like it wasn't real, but your drunken mind said fuck it to your insecurities, and you kissed him back.