25: Safe Driving

Thomas Jefferson X Reader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You opened the door to your apartment and walked in.

"Thomas? Are you ho-" You smelled mac and cheese from the kitchen. "Nevermind!"

You sniffed the air again. Something smelled off. Burning even...

You quickly walked to the kitchen and saw Thomas sitting at the dining table on his laptop. You then looked towards the oven.

"Oh, hey, Y/n, how was your day?"

"It was fine but, Thomas.... Babe... I think you're burning your mac and cheese."

"WHAT?!" Thomas jumped out of his seat and ran to the oven, trying to put the mit on at the same time. He opened the oven door and the burning smell got stronger.

"No! My baby!" He said as he pulled out the burned mac and cheese.

You chuckled. That man loves his mac and cheese.

"It's gone.... Time of death... Thomas pulled out his phone. "3:44 pm. Res in piec-"

"Stop being so dramatic, come here I gotta tell you something." You motioned him over.

"Moi? Dramatic? Never." He said, as he walked over to you, and sat back down in his seat, motioning for you to go on with your statement. 

"Okay, so, I figured out what to do for our Halloween costumes."

"Oh!! Tell!" Thomas sat his laptop aside and leaned towards you, rest his head on his hands.

"We dress up as Brad and Janet!" You exclaimed excitingly, and waited for your boyfriend's reaction. When there came none, you furrowed your brows. "Come on Thomas, it's Brad and Janet."

Thomas' confused look didn't disappear. "Who?"
"Rocky Horror Picture Show?" You explained further and he shook his head. You gasped.

"You never watched it?" You questioned.

Thomas shook his head, "I've heard it's not all that good." He shrugged and picked up his tea from beside his laptop.

You gasped, "Okay, whoever said that, they can get away from me."

Thomas chuckled, "And you say I'm the dramatic one, babe."

"No, but seriously," You reached over and grabbed his hand, "let's dress up as them, and then we can watch the movie together!"

"I don't know..." Thomas looked skeptical and your expression distorted into a frown. He shook his head no.

"Alright then." You took your hand back. "I'll do my own costume, and you'll do yours."

"Okay." Thomas shrugged,  you rolled your eyes and exited the kitchen. You went to your shared bedroom, and opened up your laptop, signing into Amazon.

He was going to regret not going with your idea.

-----------------

The good thing about being in college.

1. The parties were awesome.
2. Halloween parties were the best.

"Ready to go babe?" Thomas called from the living room just as you finished putting on the pantyhoses to finish your costume. You looked in the full body mirror and smiled at your reflection.

"Yep!" You grabbed your phone and some money, leaving the shared room, and headed towards the front door. You looked up from your phone as Thomas emerged from the living room wearing a tiger onesie, complete with a tail. He decided to go as Hobbes from Calvin and Hobbes.