61: Tears Over Beers (4)

James Madison X Reader

I love you guys... even if you dont love me...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously

At Lafayette's birthday party, the Hamilsquad made a bet while the girls were off getting drinks. The bet was that if Hercules could get a girl, of Alexander's choice, to go to homecoming with him, they would give him 20 bucks each. That money from John, Laf, and Alex would add up to be around $60. The catch was, if Hercules couldn't do it, he would have to pay them the same amount.

Hercules was skeptical at first, but then Alex said, "I'll tell you what. If you get laid within a month of Homecoming from the same girl. I'll give you not only the 20, but also another $60."

Hercules thought about it and made the deal.

The next day, a friday, at lunch, one week before Homecoming, they sat at their table and Alex survey the tables until a girl across the room caught his attention.

She kept glancing at the table and her friend, he recognized as James- a know it all in his class that he hated- was trying to get the girls's attention.

James shook his head at the girl as the bell rang, and they got up to leave.

Alex's group also stood up and followed the rest of the crowd out. Alex spotted the girl and James in the crowd, at that moment, Thomas Jefferson, another person he hated, joined them in their walk to class.

Alex smiled deviously, "Hercules, you have your plan for the proposal ready right?"

"Yeah, why?" Herc answered.

"I found your girl."

—————————————————-

"And that's what happened..." Thomas trailed off. "I'm sorry, Y/n."

You didn't realize you were in tears until he finished his story. "Just take me home."

And so he did.

When Thomas dropped you off at your house, you got out and shut the door without a word.

He waited until you entered your house completely before driving off with a sigh.

The proposal had devastated James, which in turned devastated him to see him that way.

Thomas had his suspicions with Hercules' sudden proposal to Homecoming. It wasn't like him to go all out like he did. It made him wonder if he really liked Y/n or if something was up.

Unfortunately it turned out to be the latter.

Did he do the right thing in telling you?

With another sigh, Thomas pulled to the side of the road, turned on his emergency light, and picked up his phone, dialing James.

He knew that Y/n wouldn't want to talk to himself, and even so, Thomas wouldn't know what to say, but if anyone knew what to say, it was James.

"What's up?" James answered.

"Y/n needs you."

"Why would she need me? She has 'Hercules'." James mocked. Thomas could see him rolling his eyes.

"No, she doesn't-"

Honk! Honk!

The honk came from a car that stopped behind Thomas trying to see if he needed some help.

Thomas waved his hand out the window in a ploy to say 'no', but the car didn't take the message.

"I mean I don't-"

HONK!

"-think."

HONK!

"I'M FINE!" Thomas yelled out the window.

HONK!

The person was out of the car, now, and walking towards him.

"Listen. I'm on the side of the road and this idiot can't take a hint. Imma have to call you back later, but go check on Y/n, please." Thomas begged, kind of rushing his speech.

James sighed and thought for a second. "Okay. Bye, Tom."

"Bye."

Another voice sounded through the receiver, "Hey, do you need some-"

Click.

The phone call ended and James grabbed his keys off the counter, and his jacket off of the sofa.

"I'll be back, ma!" He called up the stairs and his mother answered back with an 'Okay!'.

He exited his house and headed towards yours.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't know what to do, Eliza, and I can't stop crying! I don't want to cry over him!"

"Good. he doesn't deserve those tears. God I'm going to give Alexander a piece of my mind-"

"CATHERINE, IF YOU TOUCH THAT BOWL, YOU LOSE A HAND WAIT 'TIL DINNER!" Angelica yelled on the other line. "ELIZA, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME CONTROL OUR SIBLINGS?!"

"I'm sorry!" Eliza said back. "I'm in the middle of a crisis."

"I don't care, get over here, now. Mom and dad are coming home and the house isn't clean."

Eliza groaned, "Girl, I gotta go. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Do you want me to tell Ange? 'Cause you know she'll do something about it."

You made your decision and lied about it, "No... I guess... N-No. I'll be fine."

"You sure cause I-"

"ELIZA- PLEASE!"

"I gotta go, hon. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay-"

The phone clicked off.

You sat in silence, but there was a war of emotions in your head.

----------------------------------------------------

About five minutes later, there was a knock on the front door. Your mother opened it, and greeted James.

"Hello, James. Long time no see." She said.

"Hi, Ms. l/n." James trailed off and looked around. He hadn't been to your house in a while. About a month, now that he thought about it.

Your mom knew why James was there. She had tried to go into your room to console you.

You hadn't let her in.

"She's in her room." Your mom told him.

He came out of the trance that he was in, and looked at your mom, "I'm sorry, what?"

"Y/n. I assume you're here to comfort her?" Your mom explained, questioning if she got the reason right. James thought for a second then nodded. "She's in her room."

"Okay, thanks." James said as he passed your mom to enter the house. He headed towards the stairs.

"No problem." She shut the door behind him, and went back to the kitchen to make dinner. She really wanted to know what happened, and would eavesdrop in a heartbeat, but she respected your space.

She only hoped that you were going to be okay.