Chapter 14. "You owe me now"

Start from the beginning

I sighed "Shits complicated"

"Life's complicated"

"I'm sure it is"

"Stop that" He grunted and I raised a brow turning to look at him.

"What?"

"Stop. That." he repeated.

I was silent as I waited for him to continue.

"Stop shutting people out" He paused then continued "You act as if no one else can ever possibly understand what it is your going through and yet you shut everyone out and make sure no one can see through the real you and you know what? It's because you don't want people to see that your hurting on the inside, That this facade you put on is a show to stop people from seeing the inside, The side that tells a story."

Jax now stood in front of me very close, dangerously close, and now that we were face to face under the glowing light of the stars that shown through the window I could see his expression.

He looked so.. Sad.

I was at loss for words. Especially because I knew that every word Jax spoke was true.

"Honestly Jax? I couldn't care less what people think of me. It's not a front trust me. It's the real me and just because some people can't accept my so called 'Change' doesn't mean it's a front or facade" I paused and looked him in the eyes "What about you? You leave and suddenly come back all wise and mysterious? What's your story then? huh?" I spat and he shook his head.

"Look at you with your leather jackets and bad boy looks if I remember correctly weren't you the innocent little kid that would do anything to make his parents proud?" I continued and his expression went blank and a cold look over took his face.

"Talk to Colton"

I frowned "Why?"

"He's been real pissed of lately"

"That's not my problem"

"It is because you both are being childish over nothing"

"Go to hell"

"I'll meet you there" he winked and instantly his cold demeanor washed away replaced with his playful one.

I smiled.

Just like that my mood was lifted.

**

I was softly humming to myself while putting books in my locker.

"Hey Alex" I turned and saw Jenna, A slim pretty brunette who I befriended.

"What's up?" I smiled.

"Well we do have that history assignment coming up and we haven't started.." She trailed off.

I frowned "We have a history assignment?.."

She sighed "Yes Alex! For like a week now!"

"When's it due?" I asked.

I mean it can't be that hard it's just a little history assignment.

"Tomorrow.. Its an essay.. And its 800 words.." She muttered.

Well fuck.

There's no way we are getting it done in time.

"Ok so what do you want to do then? Wanna pay off a nerd to get the job done?" I suggested.

She smiled mischievously at me "Why pay them? I will simply use my seducing skills" She gestured her head towards an average built fellow with thick rimmed glasses who was at his locker looking for something. He was cute. In a nerdy type of way but cute nonetheless.