Chapter 35: Reconciled

Mara's Pov

I eventually found my way to the bed after a while of just thinking, and closed my eyes, eventually falling into a deep sleep. I woke up to a call on my phone.

"Hello?" I asked in my hoarse, morning voice.

"Hey Mara, it's Austin. Did I interrupt something?" His voice echoed as he asked me.

"No, just took a nap," I muttered

"I was wondering if you're busy?" He asked

"Not really, why?" I said as I wasn't aware or awake enough to notice if anything was happening.

"Come to the Burner, now. Its important.'' I didn't have time to respond because he hung up already.

I sighed out and got up to get ready, eventually not having a choice.

~~~~~~

I walked up to the doors, and sighed before opening it. The smell of burnt wood, and smoke ran through my veins, and I instantly felt at home, as weird as it sounds. The same graffiti was on the place that we left it years ago, the trails of the old furniture were still there, though of course they were very dusty, everything was just as it was.

I walked up the stairs and saw the guys sitting on bean-bag chairs and a small fire starting in front of them.

"Why did you ask me to come?" I asked as I leaned on the door leading into the room.

"Oh, we didn't notice that you were here already, have a seat." Edwin said. I sat on a bean-bag chair next to Brandon and Zion.

"We wanted to talk to you all." Austin said as he had opened up a fresh soda bottle and took a sip, "But before we do, I got you all the usual." He passed out 5 more sodas, the water dripping off them, as they were probably fresh from the cooler that he had with him.

After we all got some sips in we became more comfortable, and Austin started to talk.

"What happened to us?" he said while slightly chuckling.

"We grew up." Brandon said, taking another sip as he sighed out afterwards.

"We were so gullible, we thought that we could do shit, but we really couldn't." Nick laughed.

"I remember the time that we pranked Mr.Lorenzo, that Spanish teacher that wasn't even spanish, he was Cadnadian or something," Edwin said as he laughed afterwards.

"Hey there is nothing wrong with canada," Zion said as he gluggled down more of his drink,

"He was about ready to smack all of you with his sandals." I said and we all just laughed like it was the most funniest thing in the whole world.

After a while of silence, Austin spoke up again.

"Can we all be friends, again?"

"Why not?" Zion asked,

"Yeah, we have been trying for so long, but now it feels right," Brandon stared as he looked at me and patted my knee, "It feels complete,"

"Were all too high to go home, let's just stay here tonight. We have the extra blankets and stuff." Nick said.

We all agreed, and slowly all just fell asleep.