Chapter 34: Tired

Mara's Pov

"Betty," He came in as he lightly pushed her away from coming towards me and stood in front, "Stop this behavior. She needs respect so does your mother.

"She is not my mother!" She said as she stomped,

"Biologically, no she isn't, but by law and in my heart, she is your mother!" I looked at him in a different light for once, he actually stood up to her. For what?

"I will never be able to accept this," She said as she glared at me even more, feigning her tears from falling.

"Then go to your room and think about the consequences." He said as he angrily pointed to the door. She left in huff and slammed her door shut.

"Mara I-" He turned to look at me before I cut him off,

"What was that about?" I asked, looking at him questioningly.

"What was that about?" He asked

"You told off your princess, you would never do that? What got into you?" I asked him.

"I'm trying. Trying to be a better father, to you all," He sighed out before looking up at me once again, "I'm just doing what's right."

"What's next then? Are you gonna stop drinking and reveal that you're an alien? Reveal that you've been sent to this earth to destroy a family's life for the last 10 years?" I exclaimed as I was so confused on how it took him nearly 18 years to finally start to change, to see that what he was doing was wrong.

"When did you find the time to consider this?" I said as I let out a low, sarcastic chuckle.

"I've been seeing this therapist and she's given me a chance to practice on a family, my behavior, emotion and anger management It's been, about, two months now and I'm happy," He said as he smiled slightly at me before seeing the look on my face, and continued on speaking, "I'm finally learning that what I did is wrong, and it was wrong to punish you all for something that I put myself in,"

"All you've done for the last, almost, two decades is drink your ass off, hurt us, do drugs, and live off of your rich daughters inheritances from grandma Libby," I sighed out as I ran my hands through my hair and stared back at him, "How the hell do you expect to change in a matter of a couple months?"

"I know that it is hard to understand, but I'm trying here. Please let me try at least," He said, no he practically begged me as he tried to approach me but I only stepped back, in return.

"I'm glad you're happy with yourself. With what you've done. I'm so glad that you actually remember that we're family." I said as I still shook my head at him, "I am so glad that you finally got over the fact that you are an overgrown manchild, and are beginning to become an actual adult!"

"Mara, look. When you were born, I didn't take it well as I knew the truth that you do now as well. I wasn't thrilled that I wouldn't have another child with the women I love. I threw everything away because I was so miserable, and it wasn't fair to you all. And I am so sorry" He whispered as he looked at me with tears coming out of his eyes, "Please, say something?"

"What do you want me to say? 'Yes, I forgive you, and accept you back into my life?' Because that is not going to happen," I said as I finally broke down and glared at him, "You can't just change and act like everything is okay. You can't remove the last 10 years of hell and torture from my mind. You can't just say sorry and forget everything. You have to realize that I can never forgive you for what you did to my mother and to Issac. He's only fucking six years old, and he's been more responsible than you. He takes care of you when mom can't deal with your shit anymore. He's a good kid and you're ruining his future and his life. You already ruined mine, but his? He may not be your son, but you've acted as if he was, and you can't suddenly just change that, and hurt him!"

I wiped a tear as he left the room, wordlessly, and I closed the door sliding down against it. Every single thought raced in my mind, every single accident, purposeful hurt, every single fucking thing that I've gone through, every tear, bruise, and every toxic thought crossed my mind. And I was just confused on what to do,

I am just so tired.