Chapter 32: Good Job, Sis

Mara's Pov

I walked away again, like I always do. I wasn't ever going to stay. It just wasn't me or how I was raised. But this time I had a reason as to why I left. I didn't want to stay there, in that moment of vulnerability. When you realize that life was how it always was, it had its ups and downs, but sometimes rather then wanting to fix something, you just have to leave it all behind. And that is exactly what I wanted to do, I want to forget, and leave this all behind, but, of course, I just can't.

I reached the treacherous home and heard the regular yelling from the inside.

"I saw her daddy, she went inside of the prison." I heard a squeaky voice say.

"Maybe she was just visiting her pimp or something" a gruff voice said, not sounding drunk, but surprisingly not in the usual tone. It was in a tone that made it seem as if he didn't want to believe it, almost disappointed..

"She asked for his name, though.", The same squeaky voice, coming from my 'older sister' Betty, said, "She said clearly William Gilmore!"

I walked inside not caring for they looked at me or not. As I was starting for the stairs a voice stopped me.

"Did you visit him?" For once his voice went quiet.

I turned around "Who?" I asked, not wanting to admit it all so soon.

"You know who I'm talkin about." He said in a voice that I haven't heard in years. It was a quiet one, but with a serious undertone.

"Oh my murderer father," I asked, well more like, said with no emotion in my voice.

"Mara-" I cut him off.

"Why ask when you sent your daughter to spy on me. I saw her when I was talking to Zion earlier." I asked glaring at him, "Are you going to control everything that I do now? So that I don't plan on leaving, or so that we don't meet other people, that might give us a better life?"

"I didn't sent her to spy on you. I wasn't even aware that you had gone to the station," His voice continued on, softly as he spoke.

"Then why was she there?" I asked, crossing my arms, not really believing his words.

"Because I wanted to make sure that you wouldn't do anything stupid, everyone said that you had a blank face on the whole day, and that you looked soulless. I didn't want you to hurt anyone," I cut Betty off as I continued glaring.

"Well, if any of that is true, I didn't hurt or harm anyone, yet." I said with venom in my voice. "But good one is. You got the attention set back on you,"

"I was being serious. They said that she almost hit Zion in the nuts," And I chuckled and walked up stairs.