Chapter 10: Trusting You Again

Things were great for a few years, but once middle school hit everything changed. Brandon went to New York during the holidays, and so many things happened in the span of seven days.

We all got outcasted, as cliques, and teams were the thing of the century at the time, and they all immediately went off to different cliques.

Brandon went to the normies. The regular joe type of people, who weren't considered perfect, but weren;t considered screwed up.

Austin went to the rich table. Even if his parents ended up passing away, his aunt was still made up of money bags. Thus he found the loophole of being stuck with us and managed to get off, by having people all over his money.

Edwin went to the no-family- happy table. The group of people that belonged to different orphanages, and didn't have a family, they weren't a bad groups of kids, they were just as lost as the mary jane that they smoked.

Nick was still with the athletes that he reverted to when things went south, he was the first one to drift away from us, practically the glue that melted and broke us apart.

Zion was nowhere to be seen, he must've been either free floater or a loner. He would either float in between different cliques, or stay by himself, but either way he was content with himself.

I sat alone in a bathroom stall with no one. I chose to be alone. In a way I was content as well, without having the worry of being disappointed by the others away from me.

I went outside of the bathroom stall, minding my business, and saw Savannah. Throughout it all she was still with Brandon, for whatever reason, as she clearly wasn't in love with him, but with his image.

She seemed nice at first until she thought that I had a thing for Brandon. That's when things changed. She looked up from the mirror and looked at me with disgust.

"Well I guess you found your rightful place." She chuckled a bit and left, her blonde hair drifting over her shoulder when she flipped it.

I sighed I wish I was like her. She seems like a person my dad would accept. A person who was perfect, was confident in herself, enough to belittle others. Sure she was pretty fucked up when it came to her possessiveness, jealousy, and her territorialism.

I didn't realize I had tears streaming down my face. A sign of me being too tired, too tired to keep it all inside, and too tired to stop my eye sockets from leaking.

I walked out of the bathroom completely and ran into a tall and muscular body.

"Sorry" I mumbled and tried to walk away.

He grabbed my wrist. I recognized him. "It's fine. Are you okay though?" I nodded faintly.

He didn't look like he believed me. "Not your not trust me, I've been there before. A lot actually, as you would know."

"Why do you even care? You left me behind, remember?" I said barely being able to let my feelings go.

"Because I remember how all I wanted was just for one person to talk to me and make me a little bit happier." he sighed, "And that was you. I didn't mean to leave you behind, but it just happened. I regretted it, believe it or not."

I slightly smiled and walked with him to the court yard and we sat down. "Why were you crying?" He asked

"I'm just full of pain." I mumbled

"I was too but I got through it somehow." I looked up at him

"How?"

"With time." He grabbed me and hugged me

I felt secure and safe with his arms around me, like I did when we were kids. Brandon and him would always be there to comfort me when needed.

"What's your name again?" He asked me teasingly.

"Mara, yours?" I said playing along with his game. A game he made up to restart an awkward or sad situation, he acted as if we never met, and made anyone and everyone forget about whatever it was that just happened.

"Zion, nice to meet you." I smiled at him genuinely, as I laughed at our silliness. Reminiscing the amount of times that this happened when we were younger.

"After school me up with me here and I'll walk you home. No buts, or anything. Deal?" He asked me, with a hopeful smile.

"Deal." We smiled at each other slightly before hugging, and then we went our separate ways.