Chapter 16: Habits

Austin's Pov

I woke up in my bed surrounded by empty beer cans, and used cigarettes. I just slightly chuckled to myself, and lit one. I just laid in the bed puffing in the smoke just sitting in a pool of my own thoughts. Just like any Saturday morning.

For the last couple of years this is what my life has been like. Eating, drinking, smoking, sleeping, being forced to go to school, barely trying, and somehow still gets a solid grade.

I was miserable, but I didn't show it. I couldn't blame anyone else, but me for this.

We were all close you know. We all had a tight bond. I don't know what happened and what was the reason. But we are not close anymore. People slip up and people make mistakes. People aren't perfect.

I sat up, and sighed. I looked around till I felt bored and finally stood up. After the talk with Zion last night, I was confused. If he actually loved Mara, then why wouldn't be sure of what they are. The hell, why do I even care that much? It's not because I felt anything towards both of them, but it was simply due to the fact that seeing people become so toxic, was actually painful to see.

They are just strangers to me now, despite knowing the tiny details, in them all to be able to distinguish from telling the truth to them lying. To understand the reason as to why they are feeling emotions such as them being happy, sad, confused, hurt, etc.

I guess it's just something it keeps in me to help me stay grounded. To know that the people around me were slowly falling apart just as I was. To feel that I wasn't the only one in visible pain, made me feel better. It was a bad habit, wishing hell on others, but it was another one of my habits, or vices rather, that I just couldn't quite shake.

I shook my long blonde hair and fell back in bed, not really expecting anything to happen on another boring day.