Chapter 26.3: Memories Kill

Mara's Pov

We all left. Like usual, we all just can't get along.We used to be inseparable, then came a point where we were all just toxic. I never really even knew why one day everything just changed.

Austin's Pov

I was walking down the street on my way to the old hangout. We called it 'The Burner', we usually went here when we would feel down or if we had a problem. Get lost in our problems, get lost with each other.

It wasn't the best circumstances but we were all happy and living everyday like it was our last.

Everything started to change when Mara left for a while. We didn't know where she went or what happened, all she told us was to not worry and that she was fine.

We figured it had something to do with her father and that whole thing.When she left all of us were getting along fine, but without her here everything was a mess.

She brought out the best in all of us but never for herself.

When she came back she distanced herself from us and we all noticed, we just didn't want her to worry about us.

Then afterwards Zion left to go to this family reunion thing, he changed, a lot he became an arrogant jerk.

He distanced himself from us, but eventually tried to patch things up. Some of us accepted, while others just said 'okay', not really believing his change, but he did.

It kills me every time I think about the memories. For every memory that I remember, a part of me dies off.