Chapter 19: Baseball and Business

Nicks Pov

"Nicholas, how's school going?" My fathers said as we were eating dinner, for once all of my brothers were sitting in the same area, which meant that business was the main, and only topic being talked about.

"It's going," I sighed as I took another bite in order to avoid any other questions.

"Nicholas the business is going to be ran by you and your older brothers one day, and I hope you're ready to take actions and the responsibilities to do so." He pointed out drinking his beer.

"Yep, I know," I mumbled into my food.

"Yeah, Nick, we need you to focus more on the business books rather than the music crap. It's not good for you." My oldest brother, Robert, said as he took a sip of his water, "Like one of my other friends said they saw that kid in your class Edwin, was it, trying to DJ at a party he was at. It was absolute shit,"

I just looked down and continued to pick at my food.

"Honestly you're great at baseball, so why not try to pursue it? We have a sports business anyways. Having a star player would definitely give us more good ratings." My other older brother Christian said agreeing with the oldest.

"Okay boys enough business talks." My mother said, "Eat your vegetables kids," I looked up at her with thankful eyes.

"Excuse me." I wiped my mouth and stood up to go to my room.

It was a simple room, I had the same cabinet, a large bed, a desk, and whatever else you could assume would be in a teenage boy's room. I layed down on my beanbag, and closed my eyes for a while until I heard my door open.

I opened one of my eyes and saw my mom.

"Hey mom." I said as I sat up a bit more and looked at her.

"Are you alright, son?" She sat on my bed and looked at me sympathetically.

"I'm used to it by now." I chuckled painfully, and I just looked down and tried to not make eye contact.

"Don't lose music, it keeps you whole and happy. They might not understand it now, but they will eventually. Don't let them take that away from you okay?" I nodded and she grabbed my cheek and pinched it, "I'll always be here to support you," She smiled before she left.

Everything's just complicated right now, but I know that it wouldn't be for long. I have hope as things are starting to change, and hopefully this time, just this time, things would be better.