Chapter 11: Daydreamer

The day dragged on as we kept glancing at each other during class, until we had to split for our individual electives. After school I was slowly walking towards the spot, and saw him already sitting on the bench outside of the school entrance.

He only smiled at me before standing up, "Lets go?" I nodded

"So tell me about yourself?" He asked

"What's there to talk about?" I asked, "You pretty much know so much about me already,"

"It's been a while, let's talk about your, I don't know, your hopes, dreams, love life, etc." He said while shrugging.

"Well I don't really have any." I said honestly, "I don't really have time to think about it,"

"Why not?" He asked

"Not really much of a dreamer. And pulse I have other things to think about"

"Understandable." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I usually daydream instead, and make dreams on the spot. Stuff that I can do right then and there. So that I won't get disappointed if it doesn't come true."

"It's fair, getting disappointed sucks, but it's also something that we need to experience in order for us to grow,"

"When did you get so wise-" I got cut off by a hand shushing my mouth.

"I got wise because I grew up. That's why compared to all of you guys I'm the only one who hasn't found a 'clique'," He reasoned out.

"How does that connect?" I asked confused.

"Having a clique is something that one does to feel like they are a part of something because they don't know where they belong, but I know who I am. I may not fit into a specific clique, but I know what I want." He simply said as he looked straight ahead.

"I wish that was my reason," I sighed out.

"You'll find yourself, I think you are perfect just as you are. Not too broken, not too perfect. Just a regular girl, who has a special purpose," He chuckled back at me.

I could only look up at him, and stare at his eyes that said the truth, and shined his feelings out, I hugged him tight which he returned the favor.

"Thank you." I whispered. He continued to walk me home due to his house being a couple houses down in our neighborhood.

"Goodbye Ms.Daydreamer!" And with that he left. Looking back at the house I came to, and realized that my reality wasn't the few minutes I spent with Zion, but the reality of how my next daydream should be how to get the hell out of this house.

I eventually sighed out and walked slowly inside the house.