Chapter 25: The Project Continuation

Mara'a Pov

I got to my usual seat and sat down, barely being able to make it on time, as people started entering their other classrooms.

Zion caught my gaze as he sauntered in the halls, towards the room, and my heartbeat quickens. We haven't talked much since everything happened, but the first feeling that makes you go crazy out of both happiness and sadness all at once, is just hard to get rid of. He comes into the room and sits next to me, as he usually did, before. He turned to me, and clearly examined my face, probably hearing about the bruise and what not.

"Hey daydreamer." He said carefully,

"Hey." I said blankly, as I stared straight ahead.

"That bruise looks pretty gnarly. Are you okay-" I cut him off.

"I'm fine why does everyone think that I'm not. This is normal, at this point, just took a while to finally form, is all."

"I just wanted to make sure." He grabbed my hand and held it for the rest of the period.

I tried to pull away, but I had to admit that it was one of the best feelings I've had in awhile. And to add on to that, I didn't have enough energy to do so.

Suddenly our environmental teacher, Mrs.Gilmore , came in and began to set up her stuff. She was quite old, a wise old woman, who seemed strict but always, in her own little way, cared for us.

"Before you guys present the Life Project, next week, I wanted you guys to have a little fun." Everyone groaned in response, including myself, she always does too much to try and get us to interact with each other.

"It won't be that bad. I only require you all to spend 4 hours a day, each day for a week. This is a pass or fail assignment," She paused as she handed us the rest of the instructions on a tiny sheet of paper, "No redo's so be sure to hangout well with each other, and with your Life project you have to explain why your partner is the person that they are today. Starting tomorrow." She said as she smiled brightly at us, despite our faces looking as if we wanted to gouge our eyes out the moment she said everything.

Tomorrow was Saturday. The start was on a Saturday, well at least it would give me an excuse to not be home for most of the day.

But this is going to be interesting.