Chapter 26.2: That Went Well...

Mara's Pov

"So want to get some breakfast first?" Austin asked, "My treat!"

"We can pay for ourselves Austin," Nick said as he chuckled a bit, to make sure that we didn't think something from what he said.

"Speak for yourself," Edwin said as he wrapped an arm around Austin, well barely, as he was a lot shorter than the male, "Let's go, your treat, right?"

Austin just laughed as we all waked to a nearby cafe, it was a homey feeling, a neutral brown aesthetic was present, as cute little couches, and desserts were everywhere.

We just laughed and enjoyed our time together, laughing at jokes that were made by Nick and Zion, while the rest of us enjoyed our food and occasionally made conversation.

We finished afterwards and all stood up to leave the cafe. As we walked to the park I saw a sight that made my heart stop.

It was him, with a kid and a beautiful woman. The woman was beautiful, she had long blonde hair, a stress and worry free face. While the kid was as happy as he could be smiling and running around.

He was smiling and he wasn't drunk, or angry. Completely different from how he was this morning, probably his tipsiness going down, and his senses heightened.

He was just happy.

I guess I stopped walking and stared for a bit as I was brought back into reality by Zion pulling on my sleeve.

"You good?" He asked me as he looked a bit concerned.

"Yeah, just got distracted is all," I mumbled a bit, as I shook his grip off of me and followed the rest of the,.

We all sat down on a park bench and just stayed silent, as we were typing and writing away, trying to finish this as quickly as we could..

"Is it weird to think that when we were all younger we were really close?" Austin asked us randomly,

He just got some nods in return as we all focused our attention on whatever it was that we were doing.

"Come on guys at some point we all were close, we knew each other really well." He continued as if he was trying his best to convince us all, of what he was trying to say.

"What do you want us to say? 'Yeah that was fun and I miss you guys a lot please come back to me'?" Edwin said.

"Come on dude just give up, we grew apart and there's nothing we can do about it." Nick continued on as he was starting to get impatient.

"I just want us to be friends again is that such a bad thing?" He rebutted, which got our attentions as we all looked up and looked at him,

"Yeah, cause we are never going to be friends." Edwin walked away and left.

"That went well." Austin muttered and left as well.

The rest of us were just there, sitting and trying to do something to avert out attention from what happened. But we all eventually said quiet goodbyes and left without anything more said,