Chapter 27: Mrs.Gilmore

Mara's Pov

Sunday went by quickly, we had the usual, the yelling, the crying, etc. And surprise it's Monday now.

I had walked to school a bit earlier than previous days, just due to early morning chaos, that I was not in the mood for. I quietly sauntered into the main doors, while seeing everyone look as if they had just seen a ghost. Everyone was staring at the lockers, which I didn't realize why until I turned the corner and saw the scene before me.

There was dark red blood, a lot of it, and no not the type of blood seen when a woman becomes an adult. It looked fresh but how would I have known, I just got here. It was spread across Edwin, Austin, Brandon, Zion, Nick, and my locker. Some other blood was splattered alongside other lockers, floors, and even on the ceiling.

I just stood there and stared, already knowing something bad had happened. I walked towards my classroom, slowly, grasping the handle tightly, before opening the door and walking in with a sigh. I saw the guys sitting there with horrified looks on their faces.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Mrs.Gilmore's husband came by," Austin mumbled as his hands were visibly shaking, "They got into an argument and he ended up stabbing her."

"Right in front of everyone," Nick continued as he leaned back on his seat.

"She was talking to us near our lockers, we tried to help her but she took it all. All the hits, everything," Zion sighed out as he kept shaking his head, as he finally got a grip of reality and stopped staring at the wall.

"I guess we just don't know what happens in other people's lives." Brandon said as he turned to look at me, "She always tried to help us out when we were in tough situations, but how could we not see that she herself was in pain. That she was getting fucked up by her so-called 'perfect' husband,"

"All she wanted was for us to succeed, how could she just be gone just like that, without warning." Austin stared out to see the ambulance come and take her body in, "She was just talking to us about how she found out she was pregnant. After years and months of her trying to conceive, she finally got her wish then she, that just, happened."

The whole time I just stared at her desk, not bothering to utter another word as I knew nothing could change what happened.

She cared, she wanted the best for us, she believed when no one else did.

I didn't notice that she was slowly trying to save herself too.