Chapter 8: Abnormal

I got to school and walked to my locker. The hallway was filled with students who all changed themselves to fit a certain brand.

Some of us were just too fucked up to even care and were ourselves more at school then we were at home. We were given the chance to be alone, and to subdue the pain, the stress, and the pressure that we were all under.

People hate school, but I think of it as a place that we get a break from the parts of our lives that we can't escape from. The only place where everyone is forced, but everyone gets a break and finds themselves.

The lockers were set up in a way that it was grouped by the peers in our class. To my right was Zion and Edwin's lockers. And to my left was Brandon, Nick and Austin at their lockers getting their stuff for their class, or taking the time mentally prepare themselves to think straight.

I sighed off as I was too tired to even process the other people around me. I proceeded to grab my books, and went straight to class.

There were only six people in our class, which has been that way for the past 12 years. My peers consisted of Austin, Nick, Brandon, Edwin, Zion, and of course myself.

Our school was based on people who felt the same, the people who came from different walks of life, but still carried the same missing piece in their person.

The type of life you led didn't matter, when everything was the same, and every person was in some type of pain, some worse than others.

We were in that case, we all were hurting, but never got close to someone to even open up because no one seemed to even care.

I sat down in my usual seat and slowly the rest of them came in and sat down as well.

We didn't speak as usual.

Our home room teacher Mrs. Gilmore entered and I was shocked to see another student with her. I recognized her as Savannah, Brandon's girlfriend.

I looked at him too to see him finally break his sad persona and become a somewhat happy person.

Even if he did seem to still find the feeling of not being content enough with her.

I'm glad that he can still feel feelings.

I envy him, the picture perfect person, even with many flaws and problems he was the only normal one. The most normal, as normal, can be in this town.

Unlike the rest of us here basically faking our happiness to fit in with certain people, or to fit a certain image presented to us.

We all know that there is so much we could do to be happy but reality comes for us faster than we expect, and nearly as fast as a bullet train.