"Staring again?" He asks smiling, and sparking up those gorgeous brown eyes.

"You wish!" I say cooly. Sticking my tongue out at him in the process. He chuckles and runs over what the teacher said but in a much simpler way and I realized that he's actually quite smart. He assured I was okay, which of course I am who wouldn't be when an attractive guy just helped you out, so I nodded and he turned back to Mike.

__
My day got very boring but in French I decided to make my own fun. So I poke my neighbour's side making him wiggle a little before he turns to me with a raised eyebrow.

"Watch this." I smile smugly before exclaiming, "Rockin' those shorts Bregeat!" He shoots me a glare of daggers before abruptly standing from his desk and strutting over to mine.

"M. Quinn! Ces actions ont des conséquences, ceci est ton premier emportement, donc tu as un avertissement. Mais, ci ces phrases continuent, tu sera rendre au principal." [Mr Quinn! That was innapropriate! These actions have consequences, this is your first outburst so you get a warning. However if these phrases continue, you will find yourself in detention]. I just smile a big smug smile, giving myself a discrete pat on the back. M. Bregeat gives a disapproving look, and in a stroke of luck the bell rings at perfect timing for me to escape from his boney claws.

My sister drives a friend home and I must say, after hearing their fucking conversations... I couldn't be more glad I have a penis.

"How cute is Jack Barakat though!" "Ugh all the cute ones are gay!" "I wonder if I've met my future husband yet!"

Holy. Fucking. Shit. Never been more glad to see the familiar bungalow that is my house until this very day.

__
The next morning was a blur, it was until I saw the familiar face of a redhead with glasses sitting down the row from me in science that I actually stopped staring into space. He had been staring me down for the past 5 minutes and it was starting to creep me out. I had only been waiting here for Mike and Vic to arrive when I felt eyes on me. He eventually limped over to my desk and his face contorted into pain with every step.

"Matty. You're... Kellin... right?" He asked sticking out his hand for me to formally shake.

"Yup! That's me." I say uneasy, taking his hand anyway and shake it.

"Alright cool. Well I was just wondering if you had any interest in joining my cabin for the science hike."

"The what?"

"Oh right. You're new. Well every year the grade 11 class goes out into William Ford forest and collects samples of bugs and stuff that we bring back here and study for a while. I was hoping you want to be my partner. Since I don't really talk to anyone else." He finishes blushing slightly.

"Oh. Um yeah sure, when is it?"

"Uh.. I think its the end of this week, we should be getting permission forms today or tomorrow." He said, I nod and he awkwardly smiled before turning and galloping back to his seat. I continued to wait for a few long minutes before Mike and Vic come in together laughing to themselves and racing each other to me.

"Dude what the fuck! Switch with Kellin!" Mike exclaims, losing all seriousness with a massive smile plastered on his face.

"No way! I'm not stupid you two will talk the entire time and I'll sit here doing all the work!" He argues, although keeping the lighthearted smile on his face.

"KELLIN CATCH!" He yells and throws a paper air plane that seemed to have constructed in seconds. Which I caught, however Vic's movements were fast and snatched it out of my hand within milliseconds of it getting there. Mike whispered 'damn' and sunk into his chair. Vic ripped the plane up into pieces scattering them on his desk like little pieces of confetti.