Broken (31) - Outro

Broken (31) - Outro.

Leah was eventually born a week after my due date. She weighed 7lb exactly. I can't even remember anything apart from holding her as I was heavily sedated. Childbirth was increasingly painful for me as my body wasn't ready for giving birth anyway. Doctors were suggesting a C-Section as they thought Leah was breached but with the right amount of gas and air, I pushed her out. Trey didn't look down the whole time 'there' so he was holding my hand and spurring me on. We both cried as she was held up by my midwife screaming and kicking as she was about to be weighed. Our parents didn't make it in time for me to see me give birth but did see Leah when she was cleaned up and calmer I guess.

"I'm proud of you, you know."

Trey said when our parents had left to leave us with our new addition. Leah was asleep in a cot exhausted from all the endless hugs, 'awws' and kisses.

"Thanks."

"I want us to be together Khayla."

"We can't be Trey."

"I don't love Dami."

"But you feel something for her, don't you?"

"I don't."

"I don't believe you now. Make me believe and we will see."

Through my story I've had many ups and down. I lost the boy I loved, got him back again, and had a child with him only to lose him mentally to Dami. It's all about me and my daughter Leah. I never thought at 14, I would have a child but it was my mistake. Not my family situation, me and Trey's or anything else.

Dami may not have taken Trey from me physically but she has a hold on him that I won't ever be able to capture.

Trey may want to get back with me but Leah comes first. Through having her, she has made me realize that I can't be selfish. I live for her. The person I once was is now forgotten. She's broken. I for Leah have to be strong.