Broken (22) - From Trey.

Broken (22) - From Trey's Point Of View

Author's Note: Comment and Vote Please And A New Chapter Will Come As Soon As Possible. Thanks xox

As soon as more people arrived, I quickly moved upstairs to Khayla's room leaving her to see to her birthday guests.

Her room was back to its natural state which was neat and immaculate. It was freshly painted sky blue as she had gone off pink but if you looked behind her radiator, you could still see the Barbie coloured bright pink. I sat back down on the bed which once we laid in. I reminised about our times together which reminded me that at times, she was solely mine but he had a hold on her. Ash was the cure and the curse of my relationship and I wasn't going to act like I was okay with it because I had a huge problem with it.

"TREYYY!"

As the door was opened, the boom of the music came through; all I managed to hear was my name being called yet didn't know who called it until I saw her walk through the door.

"What are you doing here?"

It was my ex Carly. She wasn't a crazy or needy ex like some stories make every ex out to be. She was actually quite sweet, poliet and overall cool as a person. I dumped her for Khayla but throughout all the drama, she remained a friend to me and Khayla. I couldn't handle her being in my life as I felt guilt so I shut her out whilst Khayla kept her as a friend. She was white (half British - half Irish) with a tan as she had been to Spain where her dad now lived. Her hair was full of long curls which from my memory I recall her hating as she wanted it straight. Her face never really changed though as she grew older. It was the small oval shaped, blue eyes and freckles with her lips always topped up with pink lipgloss. Today, she was wearing a plain white top with red vest over, black jeans and red dolly shoes. Hair as always down.

"I came to see Khayla for her birthday - I was invited you know."

"See her then leave."

"Why do you hate me so much?"

"I don't."

"Then why do you avoid me all the time? I'm just being friendly."

"Why would you want to be around me and Khayla?"

"Well you are meant to be my friends. Trey, just because we dated shouldn't make a difference."

"Well what if it does..."

"What do you mean by that?"

"What if some people shouldn't talk to their exes's or have feelings for their ex's still?"

"You have feelings for me?"

"No."

"Then Trey, what are you talking about?"

By the sound of her voice, I could tell I was fustrating her but one thing about Carly was she was always patient with anyone.

"Ash."

"Right, tell me then."

I told her every thing that I felt knew and heard. I was freeing myself just like those times Khayla did with me and it felt right. When I was done, I sat back down on the bed calm. I felt Carly's arms could round my waist which made me feel instantly better.

"Thanks Carly."

"It's fine."

As her arms unwrapped from me, I sighed.

"Should we go downstairs?"

"Yeah, we've been up here for ages Trey."

"But really thanks for...."

"No, it's fine." She smiled at me as we both got up and left Khayla's room.

I couldn't hear a thing as I stood on the landing. I spotted out Khayla through the crowds of mainly girls that were on the dancefloor dancing to Lady Gaga - Just Dance. Carly was at the food table snacking on crisps. Everyone was having a good time apart from me. I had to get out of here.

After walking downstairs, I glanced at Khayla to check she didn't notice I was gone; when I was sure she didn't notice I slipped through the door. I took out my phone whilst I began walking towards the bus stop. As I got nearer and nearer, I saw the person that started this all standing there. She hadn't noticed me yet but knowing Dami she would once I sat down on the bench.

........

"Hey Trey."

A big smile came over her face as mine sunk into a frown.

"Hi."

"You good?"

"Yeah."

"I'm good as well...where you going?"

"Nowhere."

"Well you must be if you're at a bus stop silly."

She giggled to herself as I just sat down with my face fixed.

"Listen Dami; stop talking to me like we are friends or something."

"I just thought we could stay that way."

"We were never that way so leave me alone."

"Fine."

My phone was vibrating to the sounds of funky house. I clicked a random button to pick up the call from Khayla.

"Yes Kha."

"Where are you?"

I could see Dami looking at me as I talk to Khayla.

"At the bus stop."

"Where are you going? I need you here."

"I have something I need to do."

"Why do you have to do it now?"

"I just have to. Ok."

"Why are you doing this on my birthday?"

She was sounding frustrated and angry. I shut off the call after her comment. Arguments when angry aren't my thing as I say things out of my anger. The last time I did that my brother walked out and never came back.

"So why are you avoiding Khayla?"

Dami threw me back into cold reality before I sank into the sadness of remembering my brother wasn't there.

"Dami, what did I say!?!"

"Fine....where you going?"

"Dami. Go away!"

"Just tell me that and ill leave you!"

"My dad's grave, happy?"

"Ooh."

That statement singlely shut her up. I was going there though. When I was sad and needing guidance, I find you can always depend on the dead as they unlike others will never leave you.