Chapter 38

Sorry about mistakes in the previous chapter!

So, I mentioned it was about 8 hours in total for their journey? I used an online route planner thing, so if the length of the journey seemed exaggerated, I'm sorry, I was misinformed.

U N E D I T E D

"Thank you," I said as Zayn snapped the picture of me in front of Notre Dame. He handed me the camera and I smiled down at the picture. All morning, both of us had been wandering around taking pictures of whatever we could see.

"My turn," Zayn said, walking over to stand in front of me. I held the camera up and took the picture of him. He looked handsome in his khaki shorts and white T-shirt, a cheeky grin on his lips. "Done?"

"Done," I replied, showing him. "Looking very handsome."

"Aren't I always handsome?" There was a trace of humor in his tone and he gently laced his fingers with my own as we walked. I couldn't help but notice several other tourists chatting excitedly among themselves as they took in the breath taking view of the city. I was still shocked by its beauty.

Already, I had purchased many items of clothing, one T-shirt with the phrase 'I Love Paris' scrawled across the front. Zayn had bought a matching one after my pleads and eventually had given up.

After many more photos and the rumbling of my stomach, Zayn led me through the streets and into a small cafe. As soon as we entered, the aroma of freshly baked goods filled my nostrils.

"It smells amazing," I said as we took a seat up the back. Zayn asked me what I wanted and then he left to go and order. The waitress brought over our croissants with a smile and Zayn paid her what was due. "Thank you."

Zayn smiled slowly but didn't say anything. It seemed as if something was troubling him - he'd been rather quiet all morning. I didn't want to ask so bluntly in case I brought up a touchy subject for him. It was no secret that I was bad at doing so. I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"How are you finding sight-seeing?" I asked.

"Pretty," he said, tearing apart his food. "Gets nicer every time I come back to be honest."

"Ah," I muttered, lowering my eyes to my plate. "Do you need to feed?"

He glanced at me in what looked like shock and he slowly shook his head. "Not yet. Why?"

I shrugged. "You seem a little ... down?"

Zayn just frowned at me before leaning forward, his chin resting on his clasped hands. "Not at all," he assured me, "I've just been thinking."

"Do mind if I ask what about?" I asked, watching his face carefully. I knew that if his eyes seemed to darken and his lips were set in a firm line, that I had entered a no-go zone. However, he never did any of that. Instead, he gave me a small smile.

"Just something Harry was saying to me not so long ago," he admitted, closing his eyes for a few seconds.

I nodded, not letting on that I'd heard every single word they had said to one another. They had spoken about love and how things had changed over the years. Harry trying to convince Zayn that maybe Perrie hadn't been right for him... I felt guilty for having listened in on such a personal conversation, but it's not as if I'd had any other choice. But I was still happy I'd heard - I knew what Zayn was thinking; what he didn't like to say to me.

"What did he say?" I asked. Zayn looked at me before letting out a sigh.

"He's very wise, Harry. He told me you've changed me into a better man," he started, his eyes never leaving my face. "I disagreed with him and told him that you made me look weak."