Chapter 33

Check out the lovely fan made trailer by @MapleLeafx at the side :)

"I honestly can't remember the last time I was at the beach," Harry said as he dropped his bag into the boot of Zayn's car. Harry could drive, but he didn't have his own car, so Zayn was driving Harry, Marielle and I to the beach. Kate had talked us all into leaving on the Saturday morning to lengthen out the stay. We'd be returning on the Monday afternoon. "It's been years."

"Really?" Marielle asked Harry as she dumped her bag on top of his, "That long?"

Harry smiled at her warmly, "You'd be surprised just how long."

Zayn locked the door to his home - a first - and made his way down towards the car, carrying a small back-pack in one hand and the car keys in the other. He looked good. A tight white T-shirt clung to his top half and khaki shorts hung low on his hips, his swimming trunks just visible above the waistband. "Ready everyone?" he asked.

We all piled into the car, Zayn and I in the front and Marielle and Harry in the back. I looked in the driver mirror and noticed that the pair of them were sitting right next to each other. I smiled as I watched them. Zayn had once told me that Harry fell in love easily, and it was quite possible that Marielle was the next interest. The way he looked at her reminded me of the way my dad looked at my mum; full of love and adoration. I wondered if Zayn looked at me in the same way?

We had all packed some clothes, toiletries, food and extra bits and bobs for the trip. Kate had managed to get her hands on a jumbo pack of marshmallows while I had held up my end of the bargain and remembered to bring the crisps. All eight of us had agreed to share out the job of buying a different type of edible item. Sophie had argued constantly until we all agreed to let her be in charge of the Oreos.

"Is everyone ready?" Zayn asked as he started the car. Soon, we were pulling out of the street and I watched as Zayn and I's homes shrunk in the distance until they were nothing but dots. At Kate's home, her mother had agreed to drive Niall, Sophie and Liam and her to the destination. Kate's mum was all for us taking a break from school and having a 'well-earned' weekend trip. She had said it would 'brighten our young, tired souls'.

"I'm sure Kate said something about her mum booking us two caravans?" Marielle said from the backseat. I turned to look at her with a confused expression.

"Really?" I questioned. 

"No she didn't," Zayn said all of a sudden, capturing both Marielle's and I's attention. "I booked us a beach house."

"You did not?!" gasped Marielle, her eyes wide. Harry watched her quietly, his green eyes on her lips. "Those things cost a fortune to rent out, Zayn!"

"Hey, it was a treat, May!" Zayn laughed, his eyes on the road. "I thought it would be nicer than staying in one of those dodgy caravans."

"Thank you," Marielle said, "I can't believe you did that."

"My pleasure," Zayn said, grinning side-ways at me. I returned the smile and looked ahead. We were lucky to have nice weather, as it was still Spring, and the rain was a bugger for arriving at random times of the day. Maybe that was why Kate had wanted to lengthen the trip? The forecast was to be great until the Monday, when we'd be leaving.

"I Spy, anyone?" I asked.

"Me first!" Harry called, sitting up straight, "I Spy, with my little, something beginning with ... B."