Chapter 24

I WAS STILL HAVING A hard time believing my luck.

I was still having a hard time believing Zayn.

I just couldn't believe what the impulsive vampire had told me four days ago - that he was willing to let me live longer if I agreed to let him mess around with me. Now, I knew that I would not enjoy the things that Zayn wanted to do to me, especially as the first thing he had mentioned was feeding from me. The mere thought of someone biting into my skin and sucking my blood was repulsive.

But, I was still alive, and it was quarter past five in the evening on Friday. The day had went perfectly normal so far - well, as normal as my day could have gone with a crazy vampire watching my every move - and nothing had happened to me through the entire day.

Yet, whispered a voice in the back of my head. I frowned as I realized what would happen to me after I came back from walking Jet - I'd be making my way over to Zayn's only to have him sink his teeth into me. I shuddered at the thought, remembering that there was also going to be another vampire present.

"You ready?" I asked Jet who was sitting beside me, wagging his tail in excitement. He always got excited at the mention of going out for a walk. I clipped the lead onto his collar and left the house, pulling my mobile from my pocket as I did. I quickly shouted over my shoulder before I shut the door.

"Mum, I'm going over to see Zayn when I bring Jet back!" I called. Not a second later, and she was replying from somewhere up the stairs.

"Alright, Laura. Have fun!" she said. I scoffed. Have fun? She didn't even know half of what would happen over at Zayn's later that night.

To: Zayn
I'll be over as soon as I walk the dog.

I hesitated, debating whether or not to send the message to Zayn. He knew I wouldn't miss today like I had Monday. He had agreed not to kill me, and I wasn't going to jeopardize that and possibly have him change his mind at the last minute.

I shook my head and pressed the send button before I slipped my phone into my pocket and I turned left, towards the woods. I no longer cared if Zayn wanted to follow me in there; there was no stopping him. If a vampire wanted to follow it's prey around, the victim was helpless against the predator. There was no way to escape one.

I let out a sigh when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I groaned as I pulled it out, my eyes scanning over Zayn's text:

From: Zayn
Fine. Don't be late.

I rolled my eyes at his bluntness. Then again, I never bothered to try and sound friendly towards him either. I tucked my phone away and glanced over my shoulder at Zayn's house. I couldn't help but notice a figure standing at the bedroom window, and I narrowed my eyes ever so slightly. Was he spying on me from his house again? I slowly raised my hand and waved at him, trying to show that I was keeping in mind my part of the deal - that I had to go over to his house as soon as I got back with the dog.

Incomprehensible [Zayn]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें