39

you knew you had a lighter in your pack but you were not about to give it to this kid so you told him "Sorry i dont have a lighter. I guess i forgot to grab one when i ran away from the zombies." he stared at you for a couple seconds trying to see if you were lieing but then snaped his head back to the books and the broken lighter. you then picked up jackson and got out of there as fast as you could. once you got to the court yard you colapsed on a patch of grass that had an oak tree in the middle if it. you took your backpack off and layed on the grass. you looked at jackson and saw he was also laying down, panting heavily. you were so tired and just wanted to be in your bed. you wished that you could go to sleep and when you woke up you were in your old bed with no monsters trying to eat you. you wanted the comfort of any bed now. you relised that this was a school and school nurses offices usually had beds in them. you looked around and saw there was a window with the word nurse painted on it. you took a deep breath and put you backpack on. you steped back onto the hard concreet and took afew steps. you feet ached and you felt like you were going to fall. you looked back and saw that jackson was limping twords you. his little paws hurt also and he needed a soft place to lay down more then you did.

you walked to the window and opened the door next to it. you saw a zombie inside an office next to the nurses office but it couldnt get out so you dicided to worry about it later. one you got inside you opened another door that had a room with two beds in it. you sighed with relife and took off your backpack letting it fall to the floor. you picked up jackson and set him on one off the beds. he was still panting but laid down on his side. you saw that his paw pads were red and blistered and you wanted to do something about it now but you were just so tired. you dragged your pack near the bed you were going to lay on and colapsed on the bed. you reached into to pack and pulled out a bottle of water and took a big drink. you then relised that jackson had not had an water in days. you looked around the room and saw that there were some cups on a shelf. you stood up and took one of the cups down and filled it up with water from the bottle you were drinking from. you set the bottle down on the shelf and walked over to jackson. you sat next to him and put him in a position to drink the water. he laped up the water and you felt bad for not giveing him any sooner. once he was done you let him lay on his side again. you walked over to you bed and colapsed on it. you took your shoes off and gave your feet some freedom. you layed there for a moment but then slowly closed your eyes and fell asleep.

go to 43