{Jamilton} I Promise (Pt 2) (43)

Start from the beginning

"Hey, don't you worry," he calmly put a hand on my shoulder for comfort. "If you need me to slow down at any time during this date, don't be afraid to tell me. I want you to be comfortable."

I nodded and he opened the door for me. I get in and he shuts it. I take a calming breath and he gets in as well. I buckle up as he does. Then he put it in drive and drove off to where he planned the date.

"Thomas?" I mumble.

"Hm?" He hums, focused on the road.

"I'm nervous."

"For what?" He asked me, his eyes turning to my quickly before returning to the road.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I never expected a day where I actually had a date that would show up would actually come."

Thomas smiled sadly, a hand being placed on my knee. "Don't worry, Alex. I'll make sure every date is perfect and on time."

"Thomas."

"Hm?"

"You were one minute late," I tell him with a smile. He looks at me and cracks a smile, laughing a bit. I burst out laughing as well and he kept driving, laughing as we got to the restaurant.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A gentle hand held mine as we walked down the road, laughing at whatever came to our minds that we spoke aloud. 

We calmed down and I relaxed, looking at Thomas.  "You know, it's nice to know what a date feels like," I tell him.  "It will help me make another date with you as a surprise."

"Surprise ruined then," Thomas teased and I shoved him playfully.  "I'm kidding, don't worry."

"I know," I move closer to him and he let go of my hand, swinging an arm around my and rubbing my arm.

"I say we head to the animal shelter and pet some damn animals," Thomas suggests.

"I will want to take one home," I inform him, giggling as he laughed. 

"Of course!  It'll be our first fur-baby!"

We laughed and went towards the animal shelter.  It held mostly dogs and cats, but there were a few other animals held there.  As we walked towards it, I noticed John and Maria walking down the road, an arm wrapped around Maria's waist as they walked.  They were walking towards me and I seemed to stiffen, my pace coming to a stop. 

Thomas quickly held me behind him as he narrowed his eyes at John.  John noticed him and realizes what was going on.  He quickly removed his arm from her waist and she looks over at Thomas as well.  Her face turned as red as her shirt as I peeked my head around the tall Virginian's body.

"Thomas!" John nervously called out, smiling like he was acting innocent.  "It's good to see you."

"John Laurens," Thomas acknowledged.  "Maria Lewis."

"Hi, Thomas," Maria spoke quietly, her head hung lowly to cover her face. 

"It's good to see you two together, hm?" Thomas' tone was cold and heartless, unlike anything I've heard.  "What do you think, Alex?"

"Alex?" John murmured, Thomas setting aside to let everyone see me.  I felt tears fill up in my eyes as I looked at the two together.  They both looked very guilty. 

"Hey, John," I mumble weakly. 

"Him and I are on a date," Thomas put an arm around me with a stone-hard glare towards John.  "I was showing him how a real date went."

Maria and John both looked at each other.  "Does Margarita know of this?" Maria spoke softly, her eyes filling up with tears as well. 

"Of course she does," I call out, wiping my tears angrily.  "How could she not?  Not only did you hurt her, you hurt me, too, Maria."

"Hey, don't put the blame on her!" John defended, standing in front of the woman. 

"John, you can't be talking.  It takes two to tango," Thomas spoke harshly, growling.

"Let's just go, John," Maria said softly, grabbing his hand and trying to drag him away. 

John glared at Thomas.  "You can not be serious.  You stole my boyfriend!"

"You are the one who broke his heart.  I'm trying to repair the damages you caused!" Thomas screamed out and I quickly grabbed his hand.  He looked at me and his temper cooled down by a lot.  "Come on, we have to get there before they close."

We tried to walk past them without trouble, but John caught my arm.  "You'll regret this."

I ripped my arm from his grasp and quickly punched him in the nose.  "Don't touch me," I told him and turned away, walking with Thomas towards the animal shelter. 

That got rid of him.

★・・・・・・★ ・・・・・・★

Sorry for taking too long. Writers block!

Word Count: 1276
Published: 6-1-18