Chapter 27 ✰ Why

Colin's pov

I inhaled the fresh air deep into my lungs as we walked out of the airport with the four of us.

'Daddy, where are we?' Ivy asked as she held up her arms as a sign for me to lift her up. I knelt beside her and lifted her in my arms.

'Ireland. I was born and raised here'

'Why?'

I laughed at her typical children's logic. 'Because my mom and dad live here'

'Can I finally see my other grandpa and grandma again?' she asked enthusiastically

I nodded as I turned to Jennifer who was holding Mason in her arms. We decided to spend a long vacation in Ireland to spend time together, but also to see my family again and to relax a bit. My family had only seen Mason on pictures, so I could not wait to show him to everyone. 'Ready?' I asked as I wrapped an arm around her.

She smiled. 'I'm always a bit nervous when we're here'

'Why?'

She shrugged her shoulders. 'Your family is perfect, Ireland is perfect and I'm just a boring American'

'You're not boring' Ivy interrupted

I gently wiped some hairs from Ivy's beautiful, sleepy face. Her bright blue eyes absorbing the surroundings with admiration.

'Am I Irish too?'

'You are half Irish, little one'

She stared at me with a confused look on her face. 'Are you completely Irish?'

'Yes, but because your mother is American, you are half American and half Irish'

She nodded understandingly. 'I have the best of both' she said proudly

I pressed a kiss to her forehead before I put her on down again. She looked at me with displeasure and put her arms back in the air. 'Daddy, you have to carry me'

I grabbed her by her waist and swung her over my head. She screamed and laughed with enthusiasm. I put her on my shoulders. 'Hold on tightly'

'Yes daddy, I will'

I felt her little hands resting on my head, while her legs were gently clamping around my neck and shoulders. 'Are you good there?'

'Yes!'

I turned back to Jennifer, who had looked at us with a big smile. 'Shall we, love?'

She nodded but kept staring at me.

I quirked my eyebrow as I stooped to pick up our things. 'What?'

'It's just so nice to see you with kids. I think a lot of children would want you as a father "

'But he is mine' Ivy said as she pouted her lip

'And Mason's' Jennifer added

'But he was mine first'

She stood beside me, put her hand on my ass and squeezed softly. 'I saw him first, so actually, he is mine'

'Ladies, ladies... there is enough room in my heart for the three of you' I said laughing

After a ride of half an hour, we arrived at my house in Ireland. I had once thought of selling the house, but I could not do it. Renting out the house felt like a better option, in case we would ever move to Ireland or simply go on vacation there. The houses and surroundings in Ireland are very different from those in the United States and that was, besides my family, what I missed the most about living there.