Chapter 5 ✰ Our First Goodbye

Jen's pov

'Do you have everything you need?'

He nodded as he put the last stuff into his suitcase. I smiled, but I had to try hard not to burst into tears. He zipped his suitcase and turned to me.

'Oh Jen, it's only for two weeks'

And I failed. The tears rolled down my cheeks. 'I know, but since we've been together I've never been without you for so long' I tried to swallow the lump in my throat.

He pulled me against him. I sniffed his familiar scent while my tears stained on his shirt. 'I'm going to miss you too' he whispered as he rubbed the back of my head.

'I don't want to miss you...' I sobbed. I felt like a child whose lollipop had just been taken away. A combination of hormones and the fact that I couldn't see my husband for two long weeks was killing me.

He grabbed my face between his hands and kissed me passionately. I felt my knees become weak and we seemed like the only persons in the world in that moment. He separated his lips from mine. 'I'm back before you know it, love'

And I knew that was a lie. For years we were inseparable. Even before we got a relationship we saw each other daily, except in the short holidays we had.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and noticed that he also had a hard time. 'Will you still have breakfast with us?'

'Of course!'

He carried his suitcase downstairs while I went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Ivy rushed into the kitchen. 'Is daddy going away?' she asked.

We had been trying to explain it to her for days, but she didn't understand why he had to leave. I lifted her up and she embraced me with her little arms and a tearful face. 'Is daddy going?' she sobbed again.

I nodded. 'Daddy has to go for a few weeks, but he'll be back very soon!' I tried to comfort her.

Colin walked into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around the two of us. 'Where are you going?' she sobbed

'I have to work in Italy'

'What is that?'

Colin grinned. 'Another country'

Ivy wrapped her arms around his neck as he carefully took her from me. 'Can you bring me some presents?'

'Ivy, you know you don't get anything when you ask for it' I tried, but I knew that Colin had already fallen for her charms.

'Of course, little one.'

We enjoyed breakfast with the three of us. Time went way too fast and I wasn't looking forward to the moment when we had to say goodbye.

'Are you taking care of your mom?' he asked Ivy as he knelt down in front of her and spread his arms.

Ivy nodded as she wrapped her little arms around Colin. 'And for my little brother!' she added. He pressed a kiss on her forehead and stood up.

I smiled faintly as I wrapped my arms around his waist. 'Are you taking care of yourself?' he whispered.

'If you take care of yourself too. Please send me a message when you have arrived in Italy'

'Of course, Jen. The time difference is annoying, but we'll survive those weeks. I'll send you a message every day '

I smiled as I slid my hand over his face. 'Good. Enjoy your trip, honey '

He pulled me tightly against him and pressed a kiss on my hair. 'Be nice to your mom' he told Ivy before he gave me a last kiss. He grabbed his suitcase and walked to the taxi that was waiting for him.

'Bye daddy!' Ivy screamed. We waved until he was out of sight.

The day went by slower than ever. I played with Ivy and in the evening we went to McDonalds to cheer her up. When we were back home we watched a movie, but she fell asleep after 15 minutes. In that moment I realized how quiet our house was without him.

'I just arrived in Italy. How are you? x Colin'

A smile appeared on my face as I pressed the reply button.

'Ivy had a great time today and I miss you. How are you? Kiss'

Less than a minute later my phone vibrated again.

'It's a very nice place, but I would rather have been here with you. It's early in the morning now and we are going to do the first scenes within a few minutes. X'

It's just 14 days... I repeated to myself

'Have fun today. I'm going to take a shower and then I go to sleep'

I went to the bathroom to undress when my phone vibrated.

'Hm, I wish I could join you'

I grinned and took a picture of myself only wearing my panties and bra and sent it to him.

'You are stunning, Jen. X'

Even without his presence, he managed to make me blush. Not much later I got a selfie from a bored looking Colin.

I sent another photo, but this time without my bra. I covered my breasts with my arm.

'God, Jen... You're making me rock hard'

'Picture or it didn't happen ;)'

Less than a minute later I received a picture of his unzipped jeans and I could say: he was indeed rock hard. I laughed at his incredibly awful photography talent.

'Beautiful shot, Col'

'I know ;) I have to work, love. I can't wait to see you again. Good night xx'

I locked my phone and pulled off my panties. I opened the tap of the shower and stepped under the hot water. A sigh escaped my mouth as my hands slid over my belly. I felt soft little kicks against my hands and realized how much I wanted to share this with him. You know someone is very special to you when days just don't seem right without them.

♥♥♥

A/N: So, Colin is Jen's lollipop 😂 It was a bit short, but I try to write as much as possible between studying. Happy Valentine's day loves 

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Watpadd account!

@ CaptainSwanStories