Chapter 7 ✰ Family First

Jen's pov

Colin and I barely spoke or messaged each other the following days. He had told me about the sex scene he had with Lauren and what happened to him. I had been angry. Way too angry. I knew, I just knew that he would never cheat on me, but the fact that an actress he hardly knows is more intimate with my husband than myself, had made me furious. I felt guilty about my exaggerated reaction. Of course it is everything but fun to hear that your husband became hard by another woman, but he is a man and most important of all, he is human. A human with feelings which he can't turn off.

He didn't send me as much message as he used to, but just once a day when I was lucky. I was playing with my phone while I was overthinking. I wanted to call him so badly, just to hear his voice and tell him that I'm sorry. I missed him more than ever.

My fingers slid over the numbers on the screen and I pressed the call button. The phone rang a few times before I heard a voice.

'Hey, this is Lauren!'

My breath stopped in my throat. What was Lauren supposed to do with his phone?

'Hey, you speak with Jennifer! Can I speak to Colin?'

It remained silent for a moment. I heard his voice in the background, then a lot of rumbling and finally the voice I wanted to hear. 'Jen, did something happen?' he sounded worried. I forgot that we would only call in case of emergency.

'No, no... I just wanted to hear your voice'

He sighed with relief. 'You scared me'

'And I wanted to say that I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted like this and I was just...' I paused

'Jealous?' he added

'Yes'

'You don't have to be jealous, Jen. A few more days and then I'll show you all the corners of the bedroom'

I laughed. 'I think you forget that I'm carrying a baby and that I have to take it easy'

'You know I can do both'  he said defiantly. And damn, I did knew that. He was the best lover, both his rough and loving side, and I could never decide which one I preferred. The sex with Colin was always perfect.

'Jen? Are you still there?'

I was lost in my thoughts once again. 'Yes, I'm sorry'

'Love, I have to go. Duty calls.

I swallowed. 'With Lauren?'

'Jen, come on...'

'Colin, hurry up!' I heard in the background.

He sighed. 'Bye Jen'

Irritated, I threw my phone on the table. 'Are you mad, Mommy?' Ivy asked sadly.

I wrapped my arms around her and lifted her on my lap. 'I'm not mad at you, honey'

'And Daddy?'

I rubbed some hairs from her face and pressed a kiss on her head. 'I'm not angry with Dad either, I just miss him a lot'

She stroked my face with her small hands. 'Don't be sad, Mummy' she said as she rested her head on my shoulder. I caressed her head softly. Normally she was always busy with Colin and she did everything with him, but since he left she seemed to be attracted to me more and more.

'Are we going to grandma today?' she begged

I laughed as I put her back on the floor. 'Go and pack your things, then we'll go!'. She quickly ran out of the living room to get her things. Ivy was a very easy and happy child and loved to go to my parents. Unfortunately, she only saw the parents of Colin a few times a year and she sometimes didn't understand that.

We got in the car and drove to my parents' house. Ivy had packed way too many toys. Many children would be jealous of the amount of toys that she had. Colin spoiled her too much with new stuff and my parents also liked to participate. However, she never behaved like a spoiled child.

'Grandma!' she screamed when she saw my mother standing by the front door. She ran towards her but stumbled over her bag and fell hard on the floor.

'Ivy!' I exclaimed worried as I quickly ran to her.

She sat on her bottom and laughed hard. 'Oops!'

I sighed with relief and smiled at the amount of joy in such a little girl. She looked so much like Colin in many ways.

Ivy quickly ran in, while my mother embraced me. 'Isn't it all too much for you on your own, honey?'

I shrugged my shoulders. 'He'll be back next week. I'll survive'

'He should never have left you' she said almost inaudibly.

'Mom! You know how difficult it was for him to leave in this period.'

'Family always comes first, Jennifer'

I rolled my eyes. My mother was a very sweet woman, but she was sometimes too concerned when it came to me and Ivy. Colin tried to work hard for his family, but my mother often had her own opinion about it. She always said that he should be there for us more often.

'What does Ivy think of all this?'

Ivy had already put out her toys through the whole living room. I looked at my little girl with a smile. 'She misses him very much. We both do.'

'You can spend a bit more time together now'

'Mom! I love him and he is her father'

'I know, darling'

'He works hard so that I can take it easy and take care of the children. He is the sweetest man I know'

'Mommy, are you coming to play with me?' Ivy interrupted our conversation. I walked over to her and sat down next to her without looking at my mother.

The rest of the evening there was an awkward silence between us. During dinner, Ivy was the only one who was chatting enthusiastically and when she went to bed it remained uncomfortably quiet. Once in bed, I scrolled through my phone. I had sent Colin a message when we arrived at my parents' house, but he still had not responded. A terrible feeling overwhelmed me. No matter how angry Colin was, he would never ignore me.

♥♥♥

A/N: I think I finally found a schedule in which I can update twice a week without interrupting my study activities! It still can be different each week, but I'm just trying things out! 🙂

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Watpadd account!

@ CaptainSwanStories