Chapter 3 ✰ Memories

Colin's pov

'Come on, Col!' she yelled enthusiastically as she pulled me along.

Sean had arranged that we could leave the whole weekend instead of just a day. Ivy loved to be with him and we knew she would be in good hands with Sean and his wife.

Jennifer wanted to go to the city together to buy stuff for the baby, but I had my doubts about it. Once Upon A Time had already stopped, but the fandom was still huge.

I laughed at Jen's enthusiasm. 'You act like a child'

She stuck her tongue out at me. 'You are the biggest toddler in the house, Mr. Irish'

I smiled as I wrapped my arm around her. She rested her head on my shoulder. 'I really needed this' she sighed

'I know, love. Me too'

I pressed a kiss on her head. 'Let's just enjoy it before we go back to our little bouncing ball'

She gave me a tap on the shoulder. 'You can't live without that bouncing ball'

'And I also can't live without you'

She took my hand and squeezed it gently. 'And I can't live without you'

She dragged me into the first store and smiled at each baby suit she touched. 'This is cute!'

I smiled. 'You said that to everything, Jen'

'But it's just so tiny and sweet'

She finally seemed to enjoy the pregnancy again and it made me very happy to see her like that. I picked up the baby suits that she liked so much. 'Then we take them'

'Colin, we don't need that much'

I pulled her towards me and kissed her forehead. 'You need it and if it makes you happy then we buy it'

'But...'

'Ssh. Just pick what you like. Today it's all about you'

She smiled and showed a little t-shirt with the text 'my daddy is the best'. I saw tears welling up in her eyes.

'Are you okay?'

She nodded. 'Hormones...' she smiled through her tears. '... and you really are the best dad in the world'

I pulled her into a hug and rubbed my hands gently over her back. We settled the baby clothes and walked out with too many bags.

'Are you sure it's not too much?'

'Jen. It is okay. I'm working again and we can afford it '

After the ending of Once Upon a Time it went all very fast. Jennifer became pregnant and wasn't able to work. I did some small roles, but the bigger roles remained. We weren't poor, but we had to pay more attention to the money. A few weeks ago I was asked for a new series and was overjoyed that I finally could work again for a longer time. The only negative side was that I saw my family less often. I knew Jennifer didn't blame me, but I wanted to be there for her.

'What are you thinking about?' she interrupted my thoughts.

'About you, you know that'

She sighed. 'Romeo. Now the truth please'

'I was thinking about us'

I saw a bit of panic in her eyes. 'Why?'

I took her hand to calm her down. 'Hey, calm down. I really don't want to divorce you if that is what you are afraid of. I just thought about how much I have to work'

She stared at the ground. 'I don't want to think about that now'

'I can cancel it if you want to'

She stared at me. 'Are you out of your mind? You already had the first shooting days and you really wanted this role. I'm not going to take that away from you'

'You are the best wife in the world, Jen'

She wrapped her arms around my neck. 'I know' she said, laughing as she leaned in to kiss me.

'Hm. Shall we go to our hotel?' she asked, her tongue sliding over her lips. This woman always seduced me with everything she did.

Without saying anything I grabbed her hand and pulled her to a taxi. I gave the driver the address of the hotel on a note.

'Why are you acting like this?'

I smiled. 'Do you trust me?'

She nodded. 'Of course I trust you'

I took a blindfold out of my pocket 'Let me surprise you then'

'I don't like this' she protested

I put on the blindfold. After a half hour drive we arrived at the hotel. I carefully guided her inside

'If I fall, I'll kill you' she said annoyed

'Whatever you want, darling' I said sarcastically

I checked in and guided her to the elevator. She stood with her face to the mirror. I wrapped my arms around her from behind and looked at her. It brought back beautiful memories.

A ping sounded as the doors of the elevator opened. I guided her out of the elevator and put the card in the door to open it.

'Don't leave me here!' she said still annoyed

'I'm still here, love'

I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards me. We carefully entered the room together.

'You can take it off now'

She took off the blindfold. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped slightly.

'You didn't....'

♥♥♥

A/N: I'm so sorry that it took me so long to update. I already posted it on Instagram, but University and my CAE-course are killing me right now so I barely have time left to write. I hope you liked it anyway ☺️

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Watpadd account!

@ CaptainSwanStories