Chapter 9 ✰ A Tearful Reunion

Jen's pov

The following days passed slowly and Colin still hadn't shown up. I was in the car with my mother on my way home. We had been to the airport to check if his car was still there, but there was nothing to be found there either.

'It's an asshole'

I looked up, a bit confused and interupted from my thoughts. 'What did you say?'

'Colin is an asshole.'

I rolled my eyes. 'He would never do this, Mom. There must be a reason for all this'

She stared at Ivy via her rear-view mirror. She had fallen asleep.

'Listen Jen, he probably took off with a younger one. You are beautiful, but you know how men are when they can get a young girl'

I decided to stop responding to her. No matter what I did or said, my mother did not think Colin was good enough for me. We drove up the driveway of my parental home. I softly shook Ivy's leg. 'Iv, we are here. Wake up sweetheart'

She babbled unsatisfied, but her eyes remained closed. 'Ivy, little girl, wake up'

She slowly opened her eyes. 'Is Daddy already here?'

It broke my heart to see how much she missed him. I shook my head as the tears rolled down her cheeks. 'Where is Daddy? Does he no longer love us?'

My mother looked at me intently. 'He can not do this to his child' she whispered

I focused on Ivy again. 'Dad has to stay a bit longer, but I'm sure he loves you very much'

It felt bad to lie to her, but it was what's best for her.

'Even longer?' she complained

I nodded, while I lifted her from her car seat. She put her arms around me and buried her face in my neck as I brought her inside.

That evening I had a reunion with the cast of Once Upon a Time. Because of all the busy schedules we had planned this a year ago and Colin and I were looking forward to it for months.

With a little bit of reluctance, I knocked on the door. An enthusiastic Josh opened the door. 'JMO !!!!' he shouted as he wrapped his arms around me. I saw Ginny rushing towards us in the distance. 'I'm so happy to see you again!' we said in unison as we fell into each other's arms.

She rubbed my pregnant belly. 'I'm so happy for you, Jen!' She looked around and was confused for a moment. 'Where is Colin?'

I swallowed the lump in my throat and fought against my tears. 'Yes, where is my dirty little pirate?' Josh added, and I could not longer restrain my tears. They rolled down my cheeks.

'I don't know where he is' I sobbed

Ginny immediately took me back in her arms. 'What do you mean?'

'He would come back from Italy last week, but he is nowhere to be seen' I stammered

'Do you think he...' she did not dare to finish her sentence

'Left me?' I added for her. She nodded in agreement. 'He would never do that'

Josh put his hand on my shoulder. 'Have you already called his parents?'

-Two weeks earlier-

Colin's pov
Today I had my last scene in Italy before I could finally go back home. Our director arranged that I could leave the set early, so that I could be with my family and my pregnant wife. In this scene Thomas and Jess planned a kidnapping, but Thomas was the one who ended up being kidnapped.

'Action!' Chris shouted

'Jess, are you sure this is a good plan?'

Lauren nodded. 'Do not nag, you wanted your money, right?' she sneered

'Yes but...'

'No, buts! We've come this far, Thomas. There is no way back now'

I walked close behind Lauren when she turned around. 'You trust me too much, Thomas'

I raised my eyebrow. 'What do you mean?'

She grinned. 'It was all about you. Don't you see that?'

'Jess... what's going on?'

She gestured with her hands, after which I was pulled into a van by two masked men, much harder than during rehearsals. They pushed me towards the bottom of the van, but during my fall I hit my head hard against something. The last thing I saw was the camera and the doors that were slammed. Before I became unconscious, I heard the director end the scene.

-Present day-

Jen's pov
I shook my head. 'No, I didn't want to worry them'

He grabbed my shoulders. 'Jen, it's your husband and their son. Maybe they know something more'

I stared at the phone in my hand and then looked at Josh and Ginny. 'Do you think he would leave me? Would he really be a different man than I have known for years?'

Josh pulled me to him in a hug. 'Colin is a good man, Jen. We all know how important family is to him. If he left you, he would at least have the guts to tell you'

I sighed. I didn't know whether I should be relieved or even more worried. If he had not left me then there would have to be more...

♥♥♥

A/N: Do you guys like to find out what happened to him by tiny pieces of information like this or a whole chapter later on? Let me know!

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Watpadd account!

@ CaptainSwanStories