Chapter 12 ✰ From Bad To Worse

Colin's pov

'You? What do you want from me?' I asked still surprised.

'I want to finish what we once started'

I tried to remember what the kidnapper was referring to but I could not remember anything. 'What do you mean?'

A chuckle escaped the person's mouth. 'You're even more stupid than you seem, mister O'Donoghue'

'Tell me!' I tried to shout but my throat was to dry to produce such a sound.

The person's face was right next to mine now while a hand slid over my body. 'You know what I mean' the person whispered as I felt the hand grabbing my manhood through my jeans.

'Please, don't do that' I groaned

I heard a giggle in my ear. 'But I know you like it this way'

'With my wife' I said harshly

'Ah your wife. She just arrived in Italy'

My eyes widened. 'What did you say?'

'She arrived in Italy yesterday, desperately looking for you'

My heart sank in my chest. 'Don't you dare to touch her'

Soft lips touched my cheek. 'Don't worry. I'm only interested in you. Someone else is taking care of her'

Jen's pov

When I went down to the lobby of the hotel a brown haired man with blue eyes walked towards me. 'You must be Jennifer'

I reached my hand to shake his. 'You must be Jack'

He nodded with a laugh. In a weird way he reminded me of Colin. 'Yeah, the one and only.'

His eye fell on my pregnant belly. 'I see Colin did a good job before he went to Italy'

I blushed as I rested my hands on it. 'That he did.'

'Why did he leave you, his pregnant wife, in the first place? Are you sure he didn't abandon you?'

I rolled my eyes. 'He would never do that'

'Maybe you don't know him that well'

'Don't piss a pregnant woman off! I know him. He would never do that to me'

He smiled as he grabbed my hand to guide me outside. 'Whatever you want to believe, love'

I pulled my hand out of his. 'I'm not your love. Let's go, okay?'

We walked for a couple of minutes. 'Where are we going?'

Jack sighed as he faced me. 'Well, you asked me to take you to all the locations he has been, but I thought it might be more useful to take you to the location he was last seen'

My eyes widened. 'You were there?'

He nodded.

'Please, tell me more. I want to know everything'

He guided me to a little bench. 'We were shooting for a new show. The show is about a private club in a school which consist of honor students, seniors, misfits and whoever else. All of them are fascinated with true crime stories but are not brave or dumb enough to commit a crime. They meet together once in a while to talk about kidnap plans. Murder is too easy for them, but kidnapping involves a lot more like dealing with a husband or wife, family, cops. It's way more challenging for them'

He paused for a while as he tried to catch my gaze. Colin told me something about the show but not this kind of details. 'Tell me more'

'The group picks their targets, follows them, figure out how much they could get, where they would hold them and how they would do the actual kidnapping by using the information they gathered. After a few weeks they meet again to finalize their plans. After finalizing they call it a night and go back home. They never planned on actually doing it, but they just see it as a funny way to get the kick of committing a crime without really doing it.'

'But they did?' I cut him off.

He nodded. 'But there is more. Morning comes and someone is reported missing. As the crime fans they are they want to know everything but they discover it is the person they had picked to kidnap. Everything is happening exactly as they planned. When you put it all together you can tell that they know where the person must be held.'

My jaw dropped. 'Let me guess...'

He nodded. 'Colin played that person'

I shook my head. 'This is confusing... so you know where he might be?'

Jack grabbed my hand. 'I know what you are thinking, but trust me.. I checked the location. He wasn't there. You can easily guess that one of the club members in the show got bored by just playing and wanted to make it more real. Other persons got kidnapped and the kidnapper is starting to deviate from their plan'

'But in real life only Colin got kidnapped?'

He nodded in agreement. 'After the kidnap scene no one has seen him again'

'How does it end?'

He shook his head. 'I can't tell you that'

I grabbed the lapels of his coat. 'Jack! I need to know! You have to tell me how this story ends.'

'He ends up dead, Jennifer'

♥♥♥

A/N: It has been a while... Again... I have my last exam tomorrow and after that I've got three weeks of freedom. More time to breathe and write again! 🎉

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Watpadd account!

@ CaptainSwanStories