Chapter 11 ✰ Emptiness

Colin's pov

When I woke up slowly, it felt like I had slept for an eternity. In fact, I could not know exactly how long, because I was still in the dark van. I tried to move my arms, but I felt cold metal clamped around my wrists. Someone had been with me and I had not even woken up when they chained me up. I tried to move but noticed that my feet were chained too.

I tried to think about what was happening and the last thing I could remember was just playing over and over in my head. The last thing I could remember was on the set, so that meant a co-worker had something to do with all this.

It felt like hours passed by while I was still chained in the van, when the doors were suddenly opened. I was blinded by the bright light that shone inside, but I clearly saw a silhouette coming up before the doors closed again.

The silhouette sat next to me and stroked my face. 'I've been waiting for this for so long'

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened when I recognized the voice.

Jen's pov

I stared out of the taxi as the Italian landscape passed me by. It was a beautiful view, but I felt empty. Empty as I have felt for days. I miss him. Not in some cheesy, let's hold hands and be together forever kind of way. I just miss him. I want to hold his hand, hold him close, hug him tightly, kiss him softly and rest my head on his chest to hear his heartbeat. I miss his presence in my life. I miss him always being there for me. I miss my best friend.

After an hour of driving, I arrived at the hotel where his parents also stayed. I had seen them many times, but this time I was nervous. The past few days I had remained as cheerful as possible for Ivy, but it felt like I could break at any moment.

'Jen! How nice to see you!' his mother said as I stepped out of the car.

I hugged her tightly. 'It's so nice to see you too! How are you?'

She slowly let go of me and stared sadly at the ground. 'I'm so worried. It's nothing like him to not respond to anything'

I nodded. Colin could be very much on his own, but this was indeed not like him. I spent the rest of the day with his parents and felt surprisingly at ease with their presence. We made a plan for the following days and for a moment I forgot all the concerns I had. The idea was to go to the locations where they had shot scenes. Tomorrow we would go to the first locations near the hotel and during the rest of week the other locations would follow. We did not know exactly where to look, but everything felt better than doing nothing and just waiting for him to come back.

After a long day, I went back to my hotel room but just as I entered my room my phone vibrated. Every time that happened, my heart made a small leap in the hope that it was him, but every time the disappointment came even harder when I saw that it was someone else.

'Jennifer, I heard what's going on with Colin. I'm sorry for you and even though you don't know me at all, I want you to know that I'm there for you. Jack'

I raised my eyebrow when I saw his name. 'How did you get my number?'

'Chris gave it to me. Colin was my co-actor and everyone was very fond of him. I wanted to let you know that I'm there for you.'

I did not know what made me angrier. The fact that he spoke about Colin in the past tense or that he tries to put me at ease.

'Listen Jack, I appreciate your sympathy, but I like to focus on my family and finding Colin'

'I understand. Let me know if I can do something for you.'

Just as I was about to put my phone away, I realized that he might be able to help us.

'Can you still remember all the locations where you have worked with him?'

'Yes, I remember that. Why?'

I smiled. 'Tomorrow at 8.00 AM at Hotel Bellevue.'

'I assume that is not for a date? ;)'

I rolled my eyes. 'No, we're going to find my husband'

I sighed as I dropped myself on the bed and scrolled through pictures of Colin on my phone. With a smile on my face I tapped a picture of him and Ivy. The bond between the two was indescribable and made me realize even more how happy he made me. I closed my eyes and pressed my phone against my chest as a tear ran down my cheeks. I tell him goodnight with tears in my eyes. I wish I was curled up by his side. Time passes, but not fast enough. I try to be strong, but I am not that tough. His embrace, his kisses and touch ease all the pain on this lonely night. I miss you, my love.

♥♥♥

A/N: Wow, it has been eleven days. ELEVEN DAYS! I've never waited so long for updating my Colifer-stories, but mid-terms are coming so I have a lot of deadlines and exam preparations. This week will be a little more relaxed, so I'll try to update more often. Who do you think the kidnapper is?

Please share your thoughts with me!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Watpadd account!

@ CaptainSwanStories