Chapter 13 ✰ Call Of The Void

Colin's pov

The last words were echoing through my head. 'Someone else is taking care of her...' I whispered out loud. I wish I knew what it meant.

After a few long hours of thinking, the kidnapper came back with water and food.

'So, now you care what happens to me?' I sneered

The kidnapper chuckled. 'I need you alive, so don't think I care' the person said while resting a gun to my head.

I tried to swallow the lump in my throat.

The kidnapper lowered the gun and unchained my right wrist. 'I think you can manage to drink and eat now'

I nodded as I reached for the food. I hadn't eat something in days and until now I didn't realize how hungry I was.

Before I could take my first bite, a hand slid across my face. 'After you've finished, we're gonna have some fun' 

Jen's pov

'He ends up dead, Jennifer'

I shook my head. 'No... No... No... that can't be possible'

Jack grabbed my hand and caressed the top of it. 'I'm not saying that he is dead, but you have to keep in mind that it is a possibility'

I pulled my hand out of his and buried my face in my hands. 'It can't be possible. He can't leave me... us...' I sobbed.

Jack wrapped his arm around me. 'We have to keep looking. Maybe he is still out there'

I lifted my head and faced him. 'Not maybe. Colin is out there'

'Jen...' he started but I cut him off.

'No. I know he is alive. I can feel it'

He shrugged his shoulder as he stood up and reached his hand to me. 'Come on then. We have to go'

I ignored his hand and stood up too. We continued our way to the last shoot location, or at least the last location where he has been seen. It was a quiet place in the forest, but not in the relaxing kind of way. It was terrifyingly quiet. The kind of silence where even breathing seems like a lot of noice.

I took in the environment as I looked around me. The place was beautiful and terrifying at the same time. I sighed as I tried to absorb everything. Sometimes it feels better not to talk. At all. About anything. About anyone. The silence did something to me. I could hear myself thinking clear. I could feel myself more connected to Colin. He always told me that he might be a quiet person, but that his mind is screaming and that he is listening a lot. For the first time I knew what he meant and I felt sorry for him. I felt sorry for the fact that being a quiet person not always is the easiest option. It might be even harder for him sometimes.

Colin is the best man out there but he is an overthinker and it destroys him from the inside. It creates problems there never were or it makes the problems much worse than they actually were. I smiled at the thought of our endless conversations about him and overthinking situations. I always told him to stop thinking and just breathe and have faith. He responded with a laugh and said that it is not that easy. It was at worst during the nights, but I always cuddled him to relax. He told me that it made him fall asleep easier and to be honest, I loved to fall asleep in his arms.

During the last nights I was just like Colin. I was overthinking everything. Those minutes where I am alone, just me and my pillow. I think. I think a lot. I think about everything, anything. It varies from 'What did I do to deserve all this?' to 'Did I lock the door?'. The room is so silent and it drives me crazy. It drives me crazy because it makes me think about the things I don't want to think about. It makes me think about Colin and everything that could have happened to him.

I woke up from my thoughts by the loud crack of a branch. I looked around me, but did not see anything. I did not see Jack either. I tried to take in the environment again until I suddenly came to an awful realization. I am in a terribly quiet forest with someone I don't even know...

♥♥♥

A/N: I was in Prague for a few days to relax and meet my best friend. I tried to update, but my time there was to precious and I wanted to enjoy it to the fullest. I'm back home now and ready to write again 💪🏼

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Watpadd account!

@ CaptainSwanStories