Chapter 19 ✰ The Sweetest

Colin's pov

'Good morning, honey!' She shouted happily as she walked into my room. She sat on the edge of my bed and gently pressed a kiss to my lips.

'How are you?'

I shrugged, but my face showed the pain. 'I'm okay' I groaned.

I felt her soft hand slid across my face. 'I'm so glad you're back' she whispered as she tried to hold back her tears. Carefully I laid my hand on hers. 'I can't wait to go home'

The nurse walked in smiling. 'If you start to feel better, you can go home, Mr O'Donoghue'

'Please say Colin, otherwise I feel so old'

'How are you feeling today?'

'My body feels stiff and is sensitive everywhere, but besides that, I feel good'

'And mentally?'

My eyes shot at Jennifer. 'I don't want to talk about it' I murmured.

'Sir... It really works better for us if we know what happened. What else can you remember?'

I rolled my eyes. 'I just said I don't want to talk about it.'

Jennifer looked angry at me. Normally I was the one who stayed calm and kind, but the nagging people became too much for me.

'I've been detained for weeks, psychologically abused... I don't remember' I muttered eventually.

The nurse took my temperature, checked my pulse and did the other necessary checks. 'It looks fine. I'll visit you again in a few hours'

When the nurse left the room, Jennifer still looked angry at me. 'Where did that came from?'

I raised my eyebrow. 'Where did what came from?'

'Your response. That was not really necessary. These people are trying to help you and you are just being mean.'

I knew she was right, but nobody understood or could understand what I was going through now. 'Nobody understands'

'Because you're not talking!' She screamed angrily.

I crossed my arms and looked at the other side of the room to avoid her gaze. 'I want to understand' she said softer this time.

'I need time'

'You can trust me'

I rolled my eyes. 'Sorry that I don't trust everyone at the moment'

It hurt her feelings and I realized that it wasn't my intention to hurt her. 'I'm not everyone' she said softly as she stared at the ground.

I intertwined my fingers with hers. 'I know. I'm sorry'

She smiled faintly as she wiped a tear from her cheek. 'Please talk to me'

I sighed. 'I'm still very confused, Jen. I just don't know'

'Then promise me that you will come to me first'

I caressed her cheek with my thumb. 'Always'

The days in the hospital slowly passed. Jennifer and my parents visited me every day, but as soon as they left, I had time to think and worry about what happened. After a week I finally got out of the hospital and it was safe enough to go back home. My parents went back to Ireland and I went to the United States with Jennifer.

I had underestimated the flight. It was not my favorite activity, but in the condition my body was in now, it seemed even worse.

After a long flight and a lot of pain in my body, we finally arrived at the airport. We grabbed our luggage as quickly as possible and in the arrival hall I saw Jennifer's parents.

'Daddy!' I heard a familiar voice screaming. Ivy came running at me with her arms wide open. I knelt down as she flew into my arms. 'I missed you, Daddy!'

'I missed you too, love' I said as I hugged her as firmly as possible. Until this moment I did not seem to realize what happened and what could have happened. The reunion with Ivy made me realize and it was the first time I had to cry about it.

'What's wrong Daddy?' Ivy asked worriedly.

Jennifer wrapped her arms around us and kissed my cheek. 'Your dad missed you very much'

Ivy pressed her lips to my cheek. 'I love you' she whispered as she rested her head on my shoulders. 'Are you going home with us now?'

I nodded. 'I'm not going anywhere for now' I said as I stood up with Ivy in my arms.

She lifted her head and looked at me.

I quirked my eyebrow. 'What is it?'

'Did you bring a present?' she asked cheekily.

I looked at her, startled. 'Oh no....'

She pouted her lip. 'But you promised...'

I pressed a kiss to her forehead. 'Of course I have a gift for you, but you know... Girls who ask...'

'...do not get presents' she added. 'But I am a sweet girl'

'The sweetest girl'

'What about me?' Jennifer asked sadly as she pouted her lips

I wrapped an arm around her. 'Both of you are the sweetest'

♥♥♥

A/N: Yay, they're back home! But will everything be back to normal again? 😏

Please share your thoughts with me!!

Follow me on Instagram to stay tuned or follow my Watpadd account!

@ CaptainSwanStories