35

"Good morning Colette." I smile as I walk down the stairs.
"You're in a really good mood." She laughed as she shoved peanut butter toast in her mouth.
"Well Nate and I got to talk last night and it was really good to see him." I bite my lip thinking about last night.
{Flashback}
"Nate!" I whisper yell as the dirty words leave his mouth.
"What? I'm just saying you might want to ask Colette to leave for a few hours when I get there." He chuckled as I shook my head.
"You're dirty." I laugh.
"Can't help that my baby is so lustrous." He winked and I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks.
"I love you."
"I love you more."
"I still remember the day you first told me you loved me."
"It was like 6 months ago." He smiled.
"We were walking back to the hotel after getting pizza. I thought you were going to propose and then you wouldn't let me say it back. Then you gave me this." I stick up my hand and then pull it down to adjust the n to face outwards.
"I'll always love you Eliza."
"I'll always love you Nathan." I smile widely.
{End Flashback}
"Well I wouldn't doubt he'll propose when he's here. Are you going to tell him?" She points to my stomach.
"I don't want to just come out and say 'Hey Nate I'm almost 2 months pregnant." We both laugh and I shake my head.
"Maybe you could take him to dinner and tell him."
"Yeah that's a good idea." I point to her as we both nod.
"I'm still starving." Colette laughs looking down at her crumb filled plate.
"I'm craving a chocolate covered banana." I say and she gives me a strange look.
"Chocolate covered bananas?" She laughed.
"Yes!" I exclaim and she rolls her eyes standing up.
"Alright let's go to town and see if we can find your strange craving." I laughed and grabbed my purse from the counter walking towards the front door with her.
"I'm so glad we have a break for the next week." I click my seatbelt after we get in the car.
"Me too. I feel like I've been following you around like a puppy."
"Oh shut it." I laugh as we continue driving into town. We pulled into a parking lot of a store called Carrefour Market. We walked inside and chocolate covered bananas were no where to be found.
"We could just get the stuff to make it." Colette suggested and I nod. We grabbed all of the supplies plus some sweets and other delicious foods. After checking out we walked outside and cameras were everywhere. My name was called loudly as the cameras flashed in my eyes. We walked quickly with our heads down to the car and got in having the people surround the car still having the cameras flash brightly.
"Thank goodness I'm not famous." Colette laughed.
-
"Col!" I squeal as she dropped majority of the chocolate on the floor. We both clutched onto our stomachs laughing hard.
"Oops." She said between laughs. I grabbed a wet rag and quickly wiped it up before it could crust on her hardwood floors.
"Maybe I should do the chocolate butterfingers." I laugh and take the bowl dipping a banana into the chocolate.
"Fine I'm going to watch the news."
"Ew you watch the news?"
"Celebrity news you goof." She plopped down on the TV. The first thing I see is a picture of Nate following my mom and my sister.
"Why is Skate in Texas? Sources say that Maloley traveled down to Texas to meet with girlfriend Eliza Jennings' sister and mom. Why? We have no further information other than the fact they were at Lake Houston all day yesterday." The next story goes on and I stand there dumbfounded. Nate said he was busy until next week, but he's in Texas with my family.
"He's with your family?" Colette turned on the couch and faced me. I shrugged my shoulders and she did too before turning around. I grab Colette's laptop after wiping my hands and go to Nate's contact.
Me: you're in Houston?
A few minutes later there's a ding and I rush to look at it.
Nate Maloley: yeah. I wanted to see your family.
Me: oh well tell them I said hi and I want to talk to them soon.
Nate Maloley: your mom said she'll FaceTime you in a minute. She's going to get her nails done.
I walk away from the computer and put the freshly made desserts in the freezer. I see an unsaved number pop up on the screen and I quickly press accept. My mom's beautiful face pops up on the screen smiling widely.
"Oh there's my baby!" She cheered making me smile wider than her.
"It's a me." I laugh and she does as well. She turns the camera to show Harley was with her as well.
"Big tuna!" I yell and see Colette turn giving me a weird look.
"Little tuna!" She smiled.
"How are you guys?"
"We're good. Nate took us by surprise when he texted us to meet him at George Bush." Harley laughed and I nodded. I needed to tell them but I'm scared it might come up.
"Hey guys can I tell you something? And y'all have to promise me that you'll both keep it a secret!" I point to both of them. They both nod.
"What's wrong Stevie?" I bite my lip at my mom's use of my childhood nickname.
"I'm pregnant."
"Wait with Nate's baby?" My mom smiles and I nod. She grabs onto my sister as they both scream with excitement.
"I'm 2 months in." I smile and both their faces drop.
"Wow that far along?" My mom looks scared almost.
"Yeah I'm 19 but I think I'm ready for this with Nate if he's willing to stay."
"Have you told him?" Harley leaned over and I shook my head. They share the same look again and now I'm starting to question everything.
"Are you two okay?" I look and them puzzled. They both nod.
"Hey Big Tuna we have to go okay? We love you." Harley smiled and the FaceTime instantly goes dead. I stare at my reflection on the screen. What were those two hiding?