30

I woke up at exactly 6:15 the morning after heavy drinking. My head was in extreme pain as I sat up in my bed. I went downstairs to get some Advil and there was a knock on the front door. I rubbed my head as I opened the door to see all of my friends standing outside.
"What are you guys doing here?" I groan rubbing my head.
"We heard about you leave today and we wanted to come say goodbye." Shawn mumbles and walks to me with open arms.
"We made this for you so you can take them with you so you won't forget us." Jack handed me a thick scrapbook. I looked at the cover and smiled. I hugged everyone and talked to them for a few minutes before they left to allow me to get ready for my flight. I stripped myself from Nate's shirt that he had given me and get into the hot shower. After getting out I saw it was 7 and knew I needed to hurry because Nate would be here soon. I half blow dried my hair and got dressed in leggings and a tank top with a cropped jean jacket. At 7:30 on the dot there was a knock on my door. I opened the front door to see Nate with dark purple circles under his eyes and chapped lips. He looked up at me and his eyes were bright red. He quickly pulled me into a tight hug and we stood there for what seemed hours. I gripped onto the back of his shirt as I began to sob into his chest. He rested his chin on the top of my head and rubbed my back. Even over my sobs I could hear the faint noise of Nate sniffling. I looked up at him and saw his eyes were teary like mine. I had never seen Nate so hurt before let alone cry. When I met his parents, Kami told me he never really had feelings before so if she were me she'd be just as shocked. I run my thumb under his eyes to wipe the tears.
"Why do you have to leave me?" He mumbles.
"If it wasn't my career Nate, I wouldn't be leaving. But it is and I have to face he fact that I'm basically told what to do." I sigh. My hands rest on the sides of his cheek and my thumbs glide through his light stubble around his chin. He must've not shaven last night.
"I uh... I got this for you. I know it's only 3 weeks but I'll be on tour when you get back." He sighs and hands me a small box. I take the box from his hand and open it to see every existing picture of us. There were thousands of selfies and ones others had taken of us. I look at the bottom to see some paper folded up.
"Whats this?"
"Read it on the plane. Please."
"I'm sorry about last night."
"You have nothing to be sorry for. I'm the one that snapped." He wipes under his eyes.
"Yeah but I ran away."
"It's okay as long as you were safe I was okay."
"I was with Mason last night." His eyes go wide as he looked down at me.
"Why?"
"He came home and I was extremely drunk and he took me to the beach."
"That's it?"
"And he told me he was in love with me and that I could do better." His lips pressed into a thin line.
"Do you agree with him?" His bottom lip trembling with every word that rolled off his tongue.
"Yes I do. I can do better with the people I surround myself with. But with you? I wouldn't trade a day with you for the world. I love you Nate." His lips curled at the ends letting me know he was no longer angry.
"I love you so much Eli."
"You know you're the only person who really calls me Eli anymore." I poke his shoulder trying to lighten the mood.
"That's what makes it special. You're the only person to ever call me Nater Tot." He chuckled softly.
"That's what makes it special." He smiles at my words and places a long kiss on my forehead.
"What time do you have to leave?" He looks at his phone.
"In a few minutes. Might want to leave earlier though." I nod and make my way to the living room to grab my bags. I shove the box into my backpack.
"Ready?" He gives me a half smile and I send one back while nodding.
-
"Now don't let even of those French boys seduce or you or some shit. It is the city of love for a reason." He smiles.
"Can't find love in the city of love if my love is here in LA." I pinch his cheek. He pulls into a parking spot and grab both of my bags and follows me to the entrance of the airport. He let out a deep sigh after I got my plane ticket and we stopped outside of security.
"I'm going to miss you a lot Jennings." He pouts and I shake my head.
"It'll be 3 weeks. We can FaceTime once I get to the hotel and as much as possible. And when you get back from tour..."
"It'll be over a year before I get to actually see you and kiss you." He shakes his head.
"It'll all be worth the wait when you get home." I smile and lean up to kiss him one last time. We both sigh into the kiss and break away quickly. I adjust my shoulder straps of my backpack and give him one last hug before I turned on my heel to walk into security.
"Eli!" I hear and turn around to see Nate walking towards me.
"What?"
"Fuck it." He grabs my face in his hands pulling me into a deep kiss. Our lips moved in sync as I moved my hands to the back of his neck deepening the kiss more. We pull away after someone coughs and we turn to see the security guard waiting.
"I love you." I whisper.
"I love you more." He whispered back placing the last kiss I'd get from him for the next year on my lips. I sigh as he stood watching me go through security.
"Boyfriend?" I hear and turn to the lady behind me.
"Yeah." I nod feeling my eyes well up at the thought of him.
"How long will you two be apart?" She nods towards him.
"A year." I sigh and walk through the metal detector.
"When's your flight?"
"In an hour and a half." I look up from my watch.
"Well join me for brunch because I have a story to tell." She smiles and I nod before grabbing my bags and following the stranger to a Krispy Kreme.