04

I woke up to whispers coming from the hall of my room.
"I can't believe you." I hear. Lauren.
"Babe just hear me out." Derek.
"No fuck off Derek. You cheat on me and you think I'll just hear you out? I've been with you for 2 years and you pull this when I'm literally sick." I hear her scoff. I decide to get up to see what this was about. I walk around the corner to the miniature hallway and stop when Lauren and Derek's eyes meet mine. Lauren had a huge claw mark along her forehead and a busted lip.
"What the heck is going on here?" I yell walking towards Lauren.
"Eli it's fine." Lauren's voice comes out calm and soft.
"No it's not! He laid a hand on you!" I yell and walk closer to him.
"Back off goody two shoes I didn't fucking hit her." He scoffs which sends me over the edge more and I shove him away from her roughly. I feel Lauren's arms grab at mine as I try to do it again.
"El he didn't do this. The skank ass hoe who he was making out with last night did." She releases me from her grip and stare at him with my mouth hung wide open in shock.
"Derek didn't you give her a promise ring? Doesn't that mean anything to you?"
"I did it because all her friends were getting them and I felt bad." He rolled his eyes at me, "and why are you here go back to redneck country!" He raises his voice and I look at Lauren and she backs away letting me know she's okay with me getting back at him.
"You know what? Fuck you Derek! Fuck you! You have no right to start talking shit about me when you know nothing about me except the basics!" I yell walking towards him. We were now standing in the middle of the hallway.
"Lauren get your crazy ass friend out of my face before we both make a mistake." Derek directs his attention to Lauren.
"Say to my fucking face you-you douche!" I yell.
"Oh my goodness you cussed for the first time! Next you can and get out of my fucking face you bitch." I shove him again hard and he grabs my arms roughly. I try hitting at his chest but he was much stronger than me.
"Hey get your fucking hands off of her." We hear from the elevators. We both look to see Nate followed by the guys.
"Just in fucking time Maloley. You can come save your princess or is she Sammy's or Jack's or Gilinsky's? I really can't remember since she's basically made her way around already." He growls and makes his grip on my arms tighter. At this point the pain was unbearable. Nate's face is completely unreadable at this point.
"Derek let go." I cry out and try to peel his fingertips back but my arms have gone weak in his grasp.
"Derek let her go. You're fucking hurt her." Lauren shouts and walks over trying to pull his hands off me.
"No. Not until you agree to work this out with me." Derek says looking at Lauren. I feel hot tears roll down my cheek as I feel the bruises rising to the surface of my porcelain skin.
"Okay." She mumbles.
"What? Lauren no! He cheated!" I yell and Derek pushes me forcefully to the ground making me hit my head hard on the wood paneling around the wall. Everything begins to feel fuzzy and my sight gets blurry. Lauren squats down next to me and inspects my head.
"Guys she's bleeding bad." She says and I put my hand to rub the back of my head and when I bring my hand in front of my eyes all I see is red, "fucking call 911!" At this point Lauren is crying. I try and stand up but when I do I fall back down into my previous spot. When I look at Derek I see guilt and regret in his eyes.
"I'm so sorry Eli." I hear him say before a pair of arms go to pick me up and all I see is black.

Sammy's POV

We all sat in the waiting room for what seemed hours. Lauren hasn't stopped crying. Johnson was crying. Gilinsky looked like he was on the verge of crying. Nate sat quietly not on his phone for once. And me? I sat with my hands in my head trying not to cry. This girl I've come to love in the past 3 days was now in the hospital because one of my best friends can't be loyal. If we could've gone out last night and just had a good time we wouldn't be in this situation. Eli would be her bright and perky self with her sarcastic comments and temporarily dyed pink hair. Well at this point it was more of pink highlights complementing her blonde hair. I rub my eyes and sit up taking a deep breath.
"Friends of Eliza Jennings?" We all stand up.
"That's us." Lauren says. Her voice was hoarse from her hysterical crying she'd done for the last four and a half hours. Derek stood behind her rubbing her arms.
"If you'll come right this way." The doctor says and we all follow her clicking heels down the long hallway. We get to a small room at see Eli watching something on her phone. She hears the clicking of the heels I assume and she looks up at us with very big blue eyes, the ones I've come to love. Her eyes meet Derek and her face no longer holds excitement for fear and worry plaster her face. Johnson is the first to run to her side of the bed and give her a big hug. They've come to be extremely close in the 4 days we've known her. He says she's like the little sister he always wanted. They sit and talk for a few minutes before he gives her another tight hug before going in sitting in one of the chairs. Lauren is the next to go hug her. Lauren begins crying and Eli rubs her as she leans her head on top of Lauren's. Eli whispers something in Lauren's ear making Lauren nod and stand up going to the bathroom. I walk up to the side of her bed and hug her.
"How you feeling?" I squat down beside her bed.
"It's not that bad anymore. They wrapped it up and got flustered cause I was making jokes." She laughs.
"Jokes?"
"I said stuff along the lines of wow I've never had red hair before. Does the red look good? Can you smear it all over so I don't look like I got a half ass job." We both laugh and I nod.
"You with your sarcasm will not end well one day.
"I know. But until then the sarcasm is free to share." She smiles and I give her another hug. Gilinsky comes up and talks to her for a while too and gives her a hug. Lastly Nate walks to the side of her bed giving her a hug and holding onto one of her hands.
"Hey Humpty Dumpty." He laughs and Eli rolls her eyes.
"I did have a big fall." She shrugs. Nate brings his hand up pushing some hair behind her ear and she bites her bottom lip. He whispers something in her ear and she lets out a loud laugh. She puts her other hand on top of Nate's and he stands up and comes and sits on the couch.
"Alright well we are done with her. She is free to return home as long as you follow these instructions." The doctor says holding out a piece of paper. Lauren was still in the bathroom so Johnson grabbed the papers.
"She'll be staying with me until she gets her apartment." Johnson speaks up to the group as the doctor walks away.
"Why can she stay with Lauren?" Gilinsky groans. They never had a girl live with them besides Gilinsky's sister when he was younger.
"Because Laur is not in the right place to take care of someone right now." He says lowly in case Lauren were to come around.
"She could stay with me. I don't have any plans." I say and Johnson looks hesitant.
"I mean we do have that recording session tomorrow and the next day and the next day oh and the next day." Gilinsky said and Johnson shook his head.
"I don't know." He said.
"I can handle it Johnson." I said and take the paper from him.
"Fine but let's get her home." We turn around to see Lauren helping Eli out of bed.
"I got it." Eli said laughing and then walked to us sluggishly.
"Alright whats for dinner?" She smiled.
"You're getting out of the hospital and the first thing you want to do is eat?" Nate laughs.
"Yeah hospital food is yucky." She sticks her tongue.
"Okay where do you want to go?" Johnson asks putting his arm around her shoulder.
"Mmm I could use some pizza." She pats her stomach and Johnson laughs.
"Pizza it is."
-
We all sat in the booth laughing about a story Eli just told us about how she broke her arm.
"I didn't know you were a cheerleader." Lauren says, "probably explains your dirty dancing." She winks at Eli. Eli rolls her eyes while laughing.
"Yeah I quit last year after I broke my arm." She nods.
"We should get a picture on the beach!" Lauren says.
"Okay!" Eli looks around the table. We all nod and get up after paying for the food. We drove to the closest part of the beach and walked to the beach after parking and taking off our shoes. Lauren and Eli posed for a bunch of pictures that were taken by Johnson.
"Guys come take pictures with us!" Lauren yells. We all walk over to them.
"Sammy get a picture with Eli." Johnson says. I stand next to her as we take pictures messing around with each other.