18

Nate's POV
I couldn't believe Shawn. He knew how I felt about Eli. Everyone knew. But I knew how everyone felt about her as well. I blew out the puff smoke I had inhaled before putting out the roach in the ash tray on my balcony. I heard a knock on my balcony door and I turn to see Johnson.
"Hey man can I talk to you?" He says and I motion for him to sit.
"Go ahead." I sigh sitting up in my chair.
"What's going on? Cause you say you're dating her but then you rush out when she's talking to her best friend."
"He's not her best friend. I've known him for years. He's the fucking romantic that she deserves because I'm not him." I spit which makes Johnson look at me shocked.
"He may be the guy she deserves but look at who she's upset over. You. Just think about that. I watched her for 2 months act happy. I know how she used to be and it scares me that she will go back because of you." Johnson yells and I can tell that whatever happened to her made him really upset.
"What happened?" I turn to him talking a little more calmly than before.
"It's not my place to tell. If she feels comfortable telling you then she will tell you." He stands up and I grab his wrist.
"Tell me." I plead and he pulls his wrist from my grasp.
"Again. Not my place to tell." Johnson snaps and walks off slamming the balcony door behind him. I sigh as I lean back in my chair to roll another blunt.

Eli's POV
The morning after Nate and I's little fight Shawn and I drove to get donuts for everyone. We went to a place called California Donuts that Shawn swears has the best muffins in the West Coast. Shawn paid for everything even though I offered to pay for at least mine.
"You should've let me pay." I whine as Shawn and I carry in the boxes of donuts and coffees. I grab a cup of coffee and sip on it sitting next to Shawn on the couch.
"Try this." He holds out his chocolate chip muffin with the wrapper unwrapped on one side. I lean over and take a small bite.
"That's delicious." I laugh.
"You got something on your chin." He laughs and licks his thumb wiping off whatever was on my chin. I stare into his dark eyes and I feel butterflies in my stomach.
"Um thanks." I stand up and he sits back biting his bottom lip.
"So you want to go do something today?" He says remaining on the couch as I go to the kitchen to put some sugar in my coffee. I sit back down on the couch.
"Like what?" I laugh.
"Go to an award show with me."
"You didn't ask Hailey?" I laugh as I take a sip of coffee.
"She uh she broke up with me." He mumbles and I sit up.
"What? Why?!"
"She knew I wasn't as into her as she was into me." He nods.
"What do you mean?"
"She knew I was in love with someone else." He looks at me.
"Who could you possibly pick over Hailey? She's tall, gorgeous, smart and she was crazy about you."
"It's you Eli. It's always been you." Shawn sighed and I nodded biting my top lip. Hailey broke up with him because she knew he loved me. Did he really love? I think through all the laughs, the forehead kisses, the cuddles, the sleeping over and it hits me. He did love me. Did I love him? Yes as a friend but I feel like I could love him more.
"I'll go with you." I smile and he gives a big smile back causing me to laugh.
"What?" He looks at me confused
"You have Chocolate all in your teeth." I laugh. He lips his teeth clean and I go upstairs to get ready after watching some Netflix with Shawn for a while.
-