28

Five months later...
"E I'm so nervous." Lauren paces back and forth making her dress make a sound to follow. I put my hands on her upper arms to hold her still. I fix her veil over her shoulders.
"Laur you're marrying Derek. The love of your life. You guys are going to go on your honeymoon and make babies so I can be an aunt." My last sentence causes Lauren to laugh through her nervous tears. I twirl one of the curl dangling from her bun around my finger.
"I'm so glad I met you over a year ago." She hugged me and I wiped under her eyes.
"Now I have to hurry and get ready to walk down the aisle before you rock it." I air kiss her cheeks and all of the other bridesmaids exit the room and walk to the outside of the room. We join the groomsmen as they talk amongst themselves. I slip my arm around Nate's and grab onto his bicep giving it a squeeze. He looks down at me with the biggest smile on his face possible before leaning down to kiss my lips.
"Oh goodness can I get a picture of the maid of honor and best man?" Lauren's mom holds up her phone. Nate wraps his arm around my waist pulling me tight. I rest my hand on his chest and lean towards him.
"You guys?" I turn to everyone and they all line up. First it would be Nate and I. Followed by Ayanah and Sammy, Hailey and Shawn, Jack and Kendall, Gilinsky and Taylor and finally Taylor and Cindy. We walk down the aisle and separate ourselves to fall behind the spot of the bride or the groom. We all stand patiently until the sound of Here Comes The Bride plays softly from the piano. I look over at Derek as soon as the doors open and he hunches over at the sight of Lauren. He stands up with tears in his eyes and a smile on his face. I look at Nate and see his eyes were already on me. We sent each other a smile before turning our attention to Lauren and Derek.
-
"You May now kiss the bride!" The officiant exclaimed and Derek took no time to pull Lauren into their first kiss as husband and wife. I clap loudly with tears brimming my eyes as I watched them run down the aisle to their reception. Nate ran over and grabbed my hand pulling me into a kiss.
"Don't it just make you want to get married?" He smiled after we pulled apart.
"Yeah it does." I smile as his hands still cupped my cheeks.
"We should." He grabbed my hand as we walked out to a separate limo for the bridesmaids and groomsmen.
"That's not the way to ask a lady for her hand Mr. Maloley."
"Well future Mrs. Maloley, I will ask properly I'm just saying you will be my wife one day." He squeezes my hand.
"Alright Mr. Maloley." I smile as he opens the door for me and we all crawl in.
-
"Alright. Hi everyone I'm Eli. I've known Lauren and Derek for about a year now and I couldn't ask anyone for greater friends. Lauren is my best friend in the entire world and I wouldn't have asked for a better best friend slash sister. I remember the first day I met Lauren she didn't even realize I was there. As soon as we met I realized Lauren wasn't afraid of strangers because I could have easily been a murderer." I laugh and hold up my glass, "But here is to two of my closest friends and their life together. May Derek finally learn how to cook and your relationship to always be happy." Everyone clapped and we all sat down. Nate then stood up to give his speech. He flattened out his suit as he cleared his throat.
"Hi everyone I'm Nate. I met Derek when I was in high school. We were on the basketball team together. Even though Derek was a junior and I was a freshman I'll always remember him sticking up for me no matter what. He's my best friend and I wouldn't have rather picked someone else. I remember the day you introduced me to Lauren and I knew instantly that you were whipped. I'm proud of you both for all of your accomplishments as like Eli said May your relationship be happy and Derek learn how to cook." We all drink our drinks and sit back down.
Nate's POV
I look across the table to see Eli conversing with the other bridesmaids and all I could think about was marrying her soon. She could wear a dress with the fit like the tight black one she wore on our first date back in LA after Lauren and Derek got engaged. We officially decided on names for kids which made me happier than ever before. I know it's stupid and she's so young but matter of the fact is Eli will soon turn 20 and I want her to be a young mom. I don't want us to be 50 and our kids still in high school. I stood up from my chair and walk over to Eli. All of the girls quit talking and look up at me. Eli turns in her chair as I held out my hand.
"Dance with me Jennings."
"Bossy much Maloley?" She smiles taking my hand and following me to the dance floor. I twirl her around my hand before pulling her to my chest and taking my hand to clasp with hers while my other goes to her waist.
"Our best friends are married." I smile.
"Yeah but can I tell you something? Only Derek and I know." Eli whispers pulling me closer.
"What happened?"
"Lauren is pregnant." She bites her bottom lip smiling.
"How far along?"
"3 months. That's why she's drinking water and had been working out more." She looks over at Lauren who was talking to Eli's mom and sister. They were such loving women. When I met them for the first time her mom, Debra, treated me like family immediately. We also found out that I look a little bit like Harley's fiancé Coby. My family was very surprised that I brought a girl home. My mom and Eli instantly clicked. My dad was the one who gave me the ring. It was my grandmother's ring and it was for which ever kid was to get married first and I guess that was me. Stew and Eli made a sibling bond. They would wrestle, play video games together, and I loved that. Kaylan wasn't home so she didn't get a chance to meet Eli but over the phone she said if dad just gave me the ring she must be one lovely lady.
Flashback
"Stew!" Eli yelled after my brother hit her with another pillow as they played some fighting game. I leaned against the kitchen counter next to my mom watching them from afar.
"You really love her don't you?" I hear my mom whisper and I look down at her smiling. I nod my head and turn my attention back to Eli and Stew as they were now wrestling with each other and Eli was winning.
"I love her so much."
"Are you thinking of proposing?" She looks up at me.
"Mom we just got back together. But yeah I would want to eventually."
"I've never seen you like this Nathan. I love it." My mom smiled and placed a quick kiss on my cheek. She tapped my cheek a few times before going to make fun of Stew for getting beat up by a girl. Eli runs over to me jumping up and wrapping her legs around my torso. Her arms went around my neck and pulled me into a kiss.
"I love your family. They're so fun." She smiles out of breath.
"They love you too. Just not as much as I do." Her smile gets wider making the sides of her nose wrinkle up. I pulled a strand of hair behind her ear and kissed her again. If I could stay in this moment forever, I would.
End flashback
"Eli I have something to ask you later."
"Whats it about?" She looks up at me as we continued dancing
"You'll find out. Just have to drive somewhere first." I smile. I was ready for this next chapter in my life and I hope she was too.