09

The punch and the picture were getting more popular by the second. Everyone was lashing out at me with harsh tactless comments about how I stole Nate from them or that there were no problems between the boys until I came along. The boys tried their best to stand up for me but the rude comments kept coming. One girl even went in detail about how I should kill myself so the boys don't have an unnecessary distraction.
"You need to stop reading them." Lauren said and I looked up to see her leaning against the doorframe of my room.
"I didn't know people could be so malicious." I sighed and she walks in and sits cross legged facing me. She holds out her hand and I hand her my phone. She hands me a bowl of frozen blueberries then stands up.
"Don't listen to them." She says looking back at me. Little did she know the comments really hit home. I decide to take my mind off things and watch a movie while eating my breakfast. I turn on 6 Years and lay back in my bed until I hear a ding from my laptop. I groan and get up to retrieve it. I open it once I am comfortable in bed again. I had hundreds of text messages from unknown numbers all telling me rude things. I FaceTime Jack and ask him to come over. He could immediately tell by my red puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks that something was wrong. About 30 minutes later there was a knock on my door. Jack opens the door carrying a ton of bags of food. A small smile tugs at my lips. I stand up to help him put them on my desk before he pulled out a bunch of plates and napkins. I pull out my phone go post a picture on Twitter.

1,247 retweets • 3,427 likes@jenningseli: @jackj is literally the best💞Jack would be anyone's ideal boyfriend

@jenningseli: @jackj is literally the best💞
Jack would be anyone's ideal boyfriend. He was too sweet for the world. He opens two pizza boxes and sets them on my bed and we get under the covers.
"So what's wrong Jelli Eli?" He rubs my back as I dip my pizza in ranch. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.
"After the picture Nate posted, I started getting a lot of hate from people. They brought up things that really hit home." At this point I was sobbing.
"What things hit home?" He asked with a worried look on his face.
"I went through a very bad phase in my life. I don't like to bring it up. It was so bad my mom had to pull me out and homeschool me until I got better.
"What was it?"
"I was anorexic for a whole year. I almost lost my life 3 times and my mother begged me to eat. I just wouldn't budge. I thought that being skinny meant something in the world." Jack wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug. I sobbed into his chest for what seemed infinite. He pulled away and wiped under my eyes. I notice his eyes were glossy, "Why are you crying?"
"I don't know. I guess I would have never guess someone as strong as you could feel so damaged. You're so beautiful and you didn't even know it." He shakes his head clenching his eyes shut. I put my arm around his shoulder and we both start to sob.
"You're the only person I've ever told other than my mom." I whisper and he nods.
"I'm glad you feel comfortable telling me that. But Eli please promise me you'll always eat. I know it was years ago but please promise me you won't go back." He grabs my free hand.
"I promise." I nod and we both wipes under each other eyes, "All that's crying made me hungry." We both laugh and devour our two pizzas. I feel my phone buzz and I pick it up to see a text from Nate.
Babyboy💞: Hey princess what're you up to?
Me: Eating my feelings with Jack wbu?
Babyboy💞: which one?
Me: Johnson duh.
Babyboy💞: oh well I'm finishing off my smoke then headed your way Okay?
Me: okayy
"Nate's coming over." I say as I take the cheeseburger from the McDonalds bag and spread ketchup and mayonnaise on it.
"Why?"
"I don't know." I shrug.
"Well I guess I should head out then but hey call me if you need anything Okay?" He stands up and gives me a tight hug.
"Okay and you can take some the food." I point to the mound of food on the table.
"I was going to take the rest of the McDonalds anyways." He says sassily making me laugh. He picks up the bag and walks to the door.
"Love you Jackass!"
"Love you too Jelli Eli." He smiles before closing the door. I finish my burger and throw away the wrapper then head for the rainbow belts he got me. A whole 2 pound bag of course. About 30 minutes into Saw I see someone walk into my room. None other than Nate Maloley himself.
"Hey." He smiles before reaching down planting a dry kiss on my forehead.
"Hey." I smile. His eyes were bloodshot making his dark brown eyes look strained.
"We're going for a ride." He says grabbing a hold of my hand and lifting me up.
"But I'm in my pjs still." I pout looking down at my shorts and tank top. He pulls at the back of his hoodie and lifts it over his head and hands it to me.
"And you can have it. I know it's your favorite." He smiled. I pulled the hoodie over my head and it reached to my mid thigh. Nate smiled down at me and placed a kiss on my knuckles causing butterflies to shatter frantically in my stomach.
"Where are you taking me?"
"We're going somewhere I love to go to think."
"Why are you taking me to think?"
"Because I read the comments and I know you did too." He says and licks his lips looking away. Everything in me wants to kiss his lips. To feel the prickly stubble around his lips. He must have noticed me starring at his lips for so long that he bent down placing a hand at the back of my neck and gave me a long and slow kiss. It was perfect. He was perfect.
The drive to the beach was not long. We walked along the shore until my feet started to hurt so he carried me on his back. We finally got to a pile of rocks where the waves crashed against them making it seem so calm. Nate walked up the rocks and sat on the edge of the highest peak. I sat with my legs across his lap and my arms around his neck. He had his arms around me holding my waist and leg.
"I used to come here a lot when the fans started to hate me."
"Why did they hate you?" I nuzzled my head into his neck.
"Because Analicia told the media that I cheated and everyone believed her so they basically harassed me but what can I do?" He sighs.
"Did you love her?"
"Yeah."
"Was she the one who broke your heart?" I don't know why I kept asking questions.
"Yes."
"Oh. She was at the party the other night." I say biting the inside of my cheek. Nate looked at me and took a deep breath. He picked his lips and looked out to the ocean.
"Eli I have to tell you something." I felt my heart begin to race. Was he already regretting being with me? Did I do something wrong?
"Okay?" I say as calmly as I could.
"I love you." He says not breaking eye contact with the ocean. I sit up.
"What?"
"I said I love you. I've known since the day we watched the office together. I don't know what it was but I just knew. And I don't want you to say it right now because it'll seem like you're just saying it because I said it." I looked up at me. All I could do was smile and press my lips against his. The kiss started passionate and slow but in the midst of things became fast and heated. An unfamiliar burn took over my body. His hands went to my waist as I shifted to straddle his waist. He leaned back and laid on the rock while he continued to kiss. I tugged lightly at the roots of his hair earning a groan from him which made me want to have it on repeat. He grabbed my butt squeezing harshly. He was extremely turned on and right now so was I. We pulled apart panting and starring into each other's eyes.
"I want you Eliza Jennings."
"I'm all yours Nathan Maloley."