03

After a long day full of dancing, eating and walking around, Lauren and I were finally back in our room. We were currently laying in her bed going through her phones.
"Can I ask you something?" She sits up turning towards me. I turn off my phone and push my glasses up.
"Sure what's up?" I knew exactly what she would be asking about. The same thing everyone has been asking about.
"What did you and Nate talk about last night? Because the guys finally got Nate to speak up and he said you guys had a very very loooong talk last night." She smirks at the end letting me know she's still on good terms with me. Unlike Sammy, he ignored me the entire day and when we went to get dinner after, he got an Uber back to the hotel and didn't answer anyone's texts or calls. I texted him twice and they went straight to read. It kind of hurt.
"Well we got to know each other because he said he wanted to know the girl his best friends have a crush. Then he told me Sammy was basically in love. Then we talked about love and how he doesn't believe in loving anymore. Then we got to know each other more and I fell asleep on the couch." I shrug.
"But you woke up in Nate's room?" She furrows her eyebrows together in confusion.
"Yeah. Weird I know." We both laugh.
"Maybe you're turning Nate into a softie." She nudges my arm.
"I don't think so." I roll my eyes.
"Seriously though! I mean when I spent the night at him and Derek's apartment for the first time, he wouldn't even acknowledge me. He was talking to you within minutes." She throws her hands around as she explains her reasoning.
"Or he's just trying to get in my pants." I laugh, "he'll be waiting forever for me though."
"Why? I'm sorry but he's the hottest guy in the group besides Derek." She smiles at her own mention of Derek.
"Maybe but I'm still a virgin Laur. I don't even know how to flirt for fucks sake." We both crack up laughing.
"How are you still a virgin? With your dancing today and yesterday I would go lesbian." She throws her hands up in defense.
"I was always focused on my 3 best friends and school. I didn't really notice if guys were flirting." I shrug.
"Well now that you're friends with muah, I will guarantee you get some dick by the end of the year." We both laugh and I shove her arm playfully.
"Gross Laur." I scrunch my nose in disgust.
"You love me bitch." She winks at me then turns off the lights, "Goodnight lesbian lover." She giggles and rolls over.
"Goodnight lesbian lover." I reply and roll over as well. I continue to stay on my phone and scroll through all of my pictures so far. I come across an old photo of Marco, Kendall and me at Marco's 16th birthday party. Kendall and I were kissing Marco's cheeks. I decide to text them all 'I miss you's in hopes of a late night response, but nothing. I go onto Instagram and decide to post the picture Lauren and I took this morning.

5,622 likes • 2,357 comments@3lijennings: @laurdelgrossa and I before eating all the food in sight @ Coachella💗-@username1: your whole outfit and makeup is a look

@3lijennings: @laurdelgrossa and I before eating all the food in sight @ Coachella💗
-
@username1: your whole outfit and makeup is a look.
@username2: I saw you guys!!
@username3: where did you get your shorts??

The next morning Lauren and I woke up with stomach aches. We both had a very high fever and sitting up was honestly not an option. Lauren texts Derek the situation and informs him that we won't be attending today. About 30 minutes later there's a knock on the door followed by the swiping of a keycard. We look over and see the boys walk in with their hands covering their eyes.
"Is everyone descent?" Derek says and Lauren replies a yes and they all uncover their eyes to get a better look at us. I felt cold but could tell I was sweating. My lips were extremely chapped and my chapstick was across the room in my makeup bag.
"Here I brought you guys food. If you want to try and eat." Derek says holding up a bag before setting it down on the tv stand and leaning against it, "Hey Eli do you mind if I bring Lauren up to my room and just watch movies and stuff with her today?" I shake my head slowly and roll back over closing my eyes.
"Maybe one of us should stay with Eli. I mean she looks worse." Jack says.
"Thanks." My voice comes out very hoarse.
"I'll stay with her." I hear and roll back over to see Nate walking towards the other bed before sitting down.
"Oh thanks man! I'm sorry I couldn't stay Eli. I love you lil sis." Jack smiles before coming towards me placing a kiss on my temple, "feel better."
"Thanks Jack." I smile.
"Text me if you need anything." He smiles before walking out with the other guys. Derek pulls out the food he got for me and takes the bag before carrying Lauren bridal style out of the room leaving Nate and I in silence.
"Do you want any water or anything?" He stands up off the other bed.
"Water please. Can you tell me what's in the box Derek left?" Nate walked over examining the box of food.
"Toast, oatmeal, jelly, peanut butter,an apple and a banana." He looks back at me waiting to see if I found anything appealing.
"Can you put the peanut butter and jelly on the toast?" I smile remembering that was exactly how my dad made pb&j sandwiches. The bread would be warm and I don't know but it made it 10x better. After Nate finishes the sandwich he puts it on a napkin and lays in directly in front of my face. I reach my hand from under the covers to grab the sandwich. I took a bite and smiled, "thank you." He smiles back at me. After finishing the sandwich Nate hands me a water bottle and I take small sips.
"Any better?" He lays next to me in the bed.
"Kind of. You didn't have to stay you know?" I turn and realize he was a lot closer than I assumed.
"I know. You're my friend though." He smiles.
"Oh we're friends now? I wasn't aware." I laugh lightly.
"I don't just open up to anyone. There's something about you though. It's easy being around you." He smiles.
"Aww. Nate!" I laugh and he rolls his eyes.
"You're making me regret staying with you." We both laugh softly.
"We should watch a movie." I say and finally get the strength to sit up. I hear my phone buzz and I grab it to see a text from Sammy.
Sammy: how are you feeling?
Me: a little better. How's Coachella?
Sammy: boring without you, Laur, Derek and Skate:/
Me: missing the party people?
Sammy: mostly you
Me: you'll see me tn. Enjoy yourself okay?
Sammy: Okay I'll check up on you again later

"Who was that?" Nate sits up as I start scrolling through channels.
"Sammy."
"He kept asking about our conversation."
"Why?" I look at him confused.
"Because he likes you." I roll my eyes at his comment. I decide against tv and get up to grab my laptop from my bag. That's when I remember I slept in a bralette and boyfriend style underwear. I drop down my the bed and grab a baggy T-shirt that came to my mid thigh from my bag and pull it over my head before walking back to the bed with my laptop.
"Damn ma. Now I see what Sammy was seeing." I shove him playfully and open my laptop to pull up Netflix.
"Shut it Maloley." I turn on The Office and sit back. Nate scooted closer to me to get a better view of the screen. We were watching the episode where Jim and Pam finally get together after Karen and Jim broke up. Nate and I are hysterically laughing at some points in the show.
"Hey Jennings?"
"Yeah?"
"How do you know when you're in love?"
"You just know. Its either something they say or something they do." I shrug, "Why?"
"I'm just trying to think of when Sammy realized he liked you."
"He doesn't like me oh my goodness." I roll my eyes. Nate reaches over and pauses the show, "Hey!"
"Real talk Jennings. He does. But I just want to warn you about him if you guys date..."
"Who said I wanted to date him?" I cut him off quickly.
"Oh I thought you liked him."
"No. I think he's cute but I don't like anyone." I shake my head.
"Most girls think he's hot as hell."
"Well I don't think he's my image of hot as hell." I laugh.
"Who then? There's gotta be someone you consider 'hot as hell" he air quotes the last part.
"Well to be honest it's between you and Gilinsky." I look down at my hands.
"Wait you think I'm hot? Damn ma." He winks and I shove him.
"Again. Shut it Maloley." He pokes my side and I grab his hand, "I'm ticklish don't." A smug look appears across his face and I know what was to come. He begins tickling my sides as I let out roars of laughter, "Please stop!" I laugh as he continues. I try and grab at his hands and finally I am successful. I interlock our fingers to keep him from continuing his torture towards me. He was leaning over me as I laid across the bed. As our laughter died down we both stared at each other. I felt him leaning down towards me and I gulped. Here I was about to kiss the guy who just the other day told me he thought love was a waste of time. But for some reason I wanted this. I wanted him to kiss me. It felt right. Right as our lips were about to meet there was a knock at the door. Nate quickly crawled from on top of me and went to answer the door.
"Hey guys." He says and I sit kind of frustrated with the guys' bad timing. I see Jack, Gilinsky, and Sammy walk into the room followed by Nate who had his hands stuffed in his pockets.
"You guys are back early." I speak up.
"Wasn't that fun without you and Lauren." Jack said and I hear Nate clear his throat, "And Nate and Derek." He said nervously and Nate walked over to Jack patting his back before getting back on the bed with me.
"What have you guys been up to?" Gilinsky says.
"He made me a sandwich cause he's my bitch and we've been watching The Office. That's basically it." I nod wanting them to leave so I could be alone with Nate.
"Hey Skate were going to play video games wanna come?" Sammy asks.
"I'm going to finish this episode with Jennings then I'll be up." Nate sends a small smile. They all look at each other with weird expressions on their faces.
"Okay." Jack said elongating the y. As soon as the door clicks shut, Nate appears from around the corner with a wide grin on his face.
"Where were we?" He says before punching onto the bed in between my legs. Our faces mere inches apart from each other. Second times a charm am I right? 

AN: ISNT NATE SOOOO CUTE IN THE PIC I HAD AT THE BEGINNING!!! OMG I CANT. ANYWAYSSSSS CLIFFHANGER SORRY! PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT! OH AND TELL UR FRIENDS;) LOVE YA BABES💗🤗