{Jamilton} Distressed (36)

Start from the beginning

"We need to go shopping, Hamilton." Yep, I was right. "We're out of water and I really hate tap."

"I'll head to the store today after my last class," I tell him and turn back to the window, picking up my cold coffee and getting myself up. I walked to the sink and dumped it out, useless to me now. "What's the weather today?"

Thomas Jefferson stopped walking and turned to me, his face written with annoyance. "Why are you asking me? Look it up," he growled.

"I don't have my phone," I bit my lip, looking away as Thomas seemed to shrink me down with only a glance. "I-I lost it."

Thomas sighed annoyingly loud and took his phone from where it sat on the counter. "It's going to rain."

"Thank you," I tell him, turning away and washing the cup I held in my hands still. Shuffling of feet echoed as Thomas walked to the bathroom. I held my breath until the door was shut and I could hear the shower going. I felt my hands shaking as I dropped the mug into the sink, a loud noise emitting from it. I looked at my shaking hands and slowly breathed.

"I should just call-" I stopped myself from walking as I remembered I sold it to keep my debt from rising anymore for the dorm. The only thing that costs me money is this damn dorm and I hardly have enough for it. Although I do have a job, I could only do part time until my classes slowed down by a lot. I worked a lot of over time, which was nice for some cases. Most of the time, I just tried to get through every day without wanting to worry about spending too much. That never does happen, unfortunately.

With no other way to contact Lafayette or any of the Washington's, I just went back to my seat near the window and sat down, taking calming breaths to make myself stop shaking so much.

Thomas came from the bathroom and went to our shared room. I looked at the bathroom with a deep feeling in my stomach. I felt as if I was drowning.

I ran to the bathroom and slammed the door behind me, grabbing the toilet seat and emptying everything from my stomach. I coughed and tears sprung to my eyes as I did this, small sobs escaping my lips. I held onto the toilet seat and emptied more into the toilet. There was a small knock on the door. "Hamilton, you alright in there?" Thomas asked, his voice full of worry.

"'M fine," I called back quietly, closing the lid to the toilet and flushing it, getting up and washing my hands, mouth, and teeth.

I opened the door and saw Thomas standing there, his eyes full of worry as he watched me pass by him. "Just tell me if you need anything, okay?" He murmured to me as we went our separate ways.

"Okay," I murmured and shuffled back to bed, crawling into it with little to no effort. I sighed as I laid down, pulling the only blanket I had. It was scratchy and thin, hard to use when you are cold like I am now.

A gentle hand was placed on my back. "Hey," a murmur came from Thomas' mouth. "Get up, I want you to be comfortable."

I groaned and got myself up from my bed. My legs felt shaky and weak, my head spinning. I looked at Thomas with tired eyes as he practically shoved me into his bed. He helped me into it and covered me up with one of his three warm, soft blankets. "Get some sleep, I'll be back with groceries and medicine by 3," he murmured and I felt lips touch my forehead ever so gently.

Smiling, I accepted that I wasn't going anywhere and Thomas was going to help me.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★