Chapter four - Fresh air

Start from the beginning

“I like the way it sounds coming from you.” he replied, his eyes firmly on the ground.

He put his arm around my waist as we walked on, trying to catch up with Niall. When we finally got to Nando's, he was already at a table, studying the menu as if he didn't know what he would order. He looked up as we entered, his eyes lingering on our arms around each other before he gave me a knowing look. I just rolled my eyes at him before removing my arm from Louis' shoulder and pulling back a chair.

Niall advised Louis on his choice of food since he never had Nando's before, and right as the waitress had left our table, taking our order to the kitchen, Niall's face lit up. I turned around to see Harry enter, flipping his hair to get out the drops of rain that had just started falling down. He flashed his crooked smile at Niall before making his way over to our table and greeting Niall with a lingering kiss on the lips before turning to me to give me our usual kiss on the cheeks.

“Hey Haz! Nervous?” I asked him.

“Terribly to be honest. You okay?” He added with a small nod to Louis.

“Perfect.” I smiled. He was always a bit overprotective, although he was the youngest out of us, it was cute really.

He walked over to Louis' side, who looked surprised when he too received Harry's usual greeting with a kiss on the cheek.

“Hey, Louis I suppose? I'm Harry.”

“Yeah. Hi.” he stammered.

He seemed relieved when the waitress put his food down in front of him, giving him something to do while he listened to the three of us chatting about everything and nothing.

Harry pulled out his wallet and threw a crispy 5 pound note and some change on the table before kissing Niall goodbye and waving at us and making his way outside, since it was already half passed one.

Louis finished his meal and decided to go change in the toilets, so he wouldn't have to keep pulling up his pants.

“You're already completely smitten, aren't you?” Niall stated as Louis was out of earshot.

“What? No!”

“Don't lie to me Leeyum, you know I can tell.”

“Then don't call me Leeyum. And I'm not smitten. But yes, I do like him.” I sighed.

“Well he has a pretty face, so can't blame you.”

“He's a nice guy too Niall, you know I wouldn't go for just a pretty face.”

“I'm sure he's nice. But be careful Liam, I don't want you hurt.”

“Thanks for your worry Ni, but I'll be fine.”

“I do think he likes you back, though.”

“Don't be silly Niall, he probably doesn't even like boys.”

“Hey neither did I before you and I got together, we both know you've got your way to change a boy's mind.” he winked, his cheeky side taking over again.

“Sure Niall. Whatever.” I stated as I noticed Louis coming back into the room. He looked handsome really. He could use a haircut, but even with his slightly longer locks and the dark circles around his eyes, he was quite a sight. He was wearing his brand new red jeans, my navy TOMS and a long sleeved blue and white striped T-shirt.

Louis' POV

I noticed Liam's eyes on me as I made my way back to the table, causing me to blush as that same feeling emerged again from the inside. I smiled shyly at him as I sat back down. I really didn't know what this feeling was about. It had been there when he had put his arm around my shoulder, and it was there when he called me Lou. Did this mean I liked him? Or was it just because he was being nice to me? But Niall was nice too, and this Harry-bloke too, and I didn't get that feeling with them.