END

A/N: FINAL CHAPTER. Sit back, buckle up! There's a time skip so yeah.

Warning: This fic is still rated M. There was a hell lot of gruesome deaths, implications of sexual abuse, torture and hallucinations etc. So kids, don't read this.

* This chapter is longer (5K words), but I promise, it's CoAi and worth the read hehe! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, Ai-chan, you liked the dress right?" Ran asked. The girl nodded her head. They were at a boutique and she picked out a simple dark blue dress that stopped just before her knees. Sonoko hurriedly grabbed the item out of Ai's grasp and ran towards the counter.

"Hey, wait!"

"It's okay, girl. Take it as your birthday gift!" Sonoko chirped, patting her back.

"Yeah, happy birthday Ai-chan!"

The strawberry blonde shuffled away, blushing. They had been so amicable towards her. "Thank you..."

"At least you're still in your late teens. Look at you, enjoying high school life as a senior. I miss being young. Things were less carefree back then," Sonoko whined, "hey- perhaps you can make one of those pills that make me younger again! Please? Pretty please?"

"Sonoko! You know she's not allowed to make those anymore!" Ran shrieked in horror.

The other woman stuck out her tongue after paying the cashier and replied, "I'm just kidding! Don't get your panties in a bunch. Just because we're getting old, that doesn't mean you have to act like an old moody hag."

Ai could only smirk in mild amusement as the trio walked out of the store. They managed to hail a cab.

"Beika Street residence please-" Ran instructed the driver.

The strawberry blonde raised her eyebrow. That's strange. Why would all of them go to her house? She wanted to pry but decided against it. Those two were up to something.

"Oh yeah... Has Conan-kun given anything for your birthday?" Ran asked.

The girl shook her head and her facial expression turned dark. Rolling her eyes, she said coldly, "We haven't talked in a while. Petty fight."

"Ohh... No wonder he was sulking-"

"That detective freak! Always so troublesome. Really, I wonder how you manage to put up with him. He's starting to gain popularity once more: Edogawa Conan, the youngest upcoming high school detective," Sonoko marvelled, imitating the reporters.

"Tsk, men! I never understood them. I'm nearly 27 and my boyfriend has yet to pop the question! When are we getting married? What is he waiting for, for me to become infertile? Geez. He's so frustratingly beautiful, wait - I'm not even making any sense!" Sonoko complained, wrinkles forming on her forehead as she frowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The taxi arrived at their destination. Ai walked in, noticing how the other two women tailed after her.

Something was up.

She opened the main door. It was darker than where she left it. Perhaps it was already evening, but it gave her uneasiness.

"Hey... Isn't that Conan-kun?" Ran said shakily, pointing towards the unmoving body on the floor.