Cape

"Even Clark Kent will be surprised at your disguise," he remarked. The girl, now wearing his glasses, was taken by surprise. "So, I guess you, now having your glasses of, makes you superman?" she recovered quickly with a smart sarcastic remark, hiding the faint redness on her cheeks. He chuckled at this, commenting about her cuteness.

And it was true. He was the charming hero that had saved her from Gin and the burning flames of the inferno. She was sceptical that she would make it out alive, yet he proved her wrong. Maybe it was the glasses that was a lucky charm? Perhaps. True he didn't have a scarlet cape, or an S letter engraved on a suit or flying abilities, but he was still the boy in shining armour. He dashed to her aid, wrapping his valiant jacket and carried her to safety. Indeed, he was her hero. 

Yet, one question was embedded in her mind: Was she his Lois Lane? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Haven't I told you? That we should deal with this when it is all over," Akai Shuichi stated, puffing out smoke from his cigarette. 

"But Shu..." 

"What is it? This isn't like you," he turned to face Jodie. 

The woman before him was near to tears. She was indeed a beautiful blonde, yet Akai didn't seem to have the same jolt of admiration upon gazing such an art as he did before. They were on a rooftop, the cool atmosphere complementing the view of the city landscape of Tokyo. 

She had her head low. "There's just something I want to ask... but I was always afraid of the answer..." 

"Then ask away-" 

"So I've investigated the Miyano family. And apparently, Shiho Miyano and Akemi Miyano share the same father, but they have different mothers. That's why they don't resemble one another at all. Shiho was the only child of Elena Miyano, while Akemi had a different mother. Akemi's biological Japanese mother passed away, then 8 years later Atsushi Miyano married Elena and had Shiho," Jodie spoke softy, yet audible enough for him to hear. 

He lighted another cigarette. He knew where this was going. 

"So, what are you trying to say?" he asked, though he had the idea of Jodie's implication. 

"Shu..." she said, "you're only related to the Miyano family because Elena Miyano is your mother's sister." 

"And-?" 

"Only one of the Miyano sisters is your real cousin-" 

Akai replied, "then you'd know why I tried so hard to protect Shiho. She's my family." 

"Bullshit-" 

"What-?" 

"It's not just because she's your cousin," the blonde said spitefully, hating how Akai dodged the issue, "it's because you'd think Akemi's life was sacrificed to save Shiho. And you'd think her sacrifice will be a waste if Shiho were to die." 

"You knew Akemi wasn't blood-related to you, don't you?" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was in paralysis due to sheer shock. 

Genta's dead. Because of them. 

After what seemed like forever, she appeared out of her hiding place. 

"Let me go to them..." she whispered, crying. 

"Ai-kun!" Agasa stood up, concerned for the girl he viewed as his daughter. It was evident that she had heard everything.