Pendant

Warning: This fiction is rated M. And this chapter might be triggering for others due to its violence, coarse language and implied SEXUAL ASSAULT. Do proceed with caution and anytime you feel extreme discomfort, you may stop.

For those below 14, I strongly discourage you to read this. Please stop. I know some of you lack supervision. The heavens or whichever celestial being/deity is watching you. You may think it's like "oh, but I'm like so okay with gore and whatever". It's not just because of graphic violence. You're likely not mature enough to understand darker themes behind what are portrayed. I recommend reading rated K to T fanfics. Or maybe shounen manga.

PLEASE READ: This chapter contains Gin's background story. And I had THE HARDEST time writing it because I kept hesitating. But I guess I am willing to push the boundaries for this because it'll be total bull-crap if he did have a devastating past. You have to have a pretty messed up childhood to be as cold as Gin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gin was tasked to see Jodie, another prisoner of theirs. She was reported to be stubborn and did not talk, despite being pressured.

"So... are you really not gonna talk? What a waste," Gin asked, infuriated. The previous interrogating session with Conan had fuelled him enough.

"Over my dead body," she answered, "if I'm such a waste, then why bother keeping me. And threatening me of death won't work. I'm prepared."

He pinched her chin, forcing her gaze on him. He took a good long stare at her.

"Jodie Starling... you were Akai's ex-girlfriend, are you not?"

She refused to answer.

"But he seemed to have left you. For that small fry, Akemi Miyano. What a pity... he could not save Akemi. And you're a pity too. He won't be able to save you either," Gin said in a low growling tone.

She chuckled. "Are you deaf?" she mocked, "I'm not afraid of death."

"Oh honey, there is a worse fate than death," he caressed her golden locks, "it's sad you're not a strawberry blonde. But a blonde is a blonde. I will try to enjoy this... so brace yourself."

He licked her cheek. It sent a blare of warning signs within her. She repulsed back, attempting to keep herself away from him.

"Stop struggling. Akai won't save you. He didn't even choose you," he taunted. She felt her heart sink at the mention of his name.

He tore her skirt slowly.

"And oh boy, Akai's missing out a lot-"

---------------------------------------------------

(17 years ago)

"Silver..."

A woman who was in her early 30s called out to a boy. Gin, who was 14 years old at that time, was owned by her.

"Yes, ma'am?"

No, it was not his biological mother or some sort nor anyone related to him. He was abducted and trafficked, sold within the underground economy as a child slave. The woman took an interest in his natural silver hair, thus buying him and eventually bringing him home. She would generally treat him well - that was what she would tell him at least, gave him food and clothing...that except...

"Sweetie, come here and let me braid your hair," she cooed, nudging him to step forward. He advanced, but it was evident that he was nervous. Yet, he complied and sat in front of her, in full view of his long silver hair. She twirled a bunch of it around her fingers, liking the smoothness of these long silvery strands. He never really knew why she was obsessed with them.