Bloodthirst

[A/N: I am trying to get a new cover, but I can't seem to find a proper screenshots of CoAi. I do not want to use fanarts because the works are not mine]

Warning: This fiction is rated M. And this chapter might be triggering for others due to its violence, coarse language and sexual innuendos. Do proceed with caution and anytime you feel extremely discomfort, you may stop. 

For those below 14, I strongly discourage you to read this. Please stop. I know some of you lack supervision. The heavens or whichever celestial being/deity is watching you. You may think it's like  "oh, but I'm like so okay with gore and whatever". It's not just because of graphic violence. You're likely not mature enough to understand darker themes behind what are portrayed. I recommend reading rated K to T fanfics. Or maybe shounen manga. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conan's brain seemed fuzzy. There was a buzzing sound in his head, as he was being carried to a place unknown to him. He could still see his carrier's blond hair. His tranquiliser was taken away from him, and they removed his shoes. The paralysis effect that was injected into him was still working.

Then, out of the corner of his sight, he saw a silhouette. He had low visibility, so he squinted his eye sockets, trying to figure out the shape.

"Surprised to see me?"

Conan let out a slight squeak. His throat was too dry to speak, it hurt to vocalise his thoughts.

As if the thing could read his mind, it answered. "Who am I? I'm you. Used to be you. Or have you forgotten what was it like to be me? How offensive," the figure said spitefully, becoming more evident. To his surprise, he was envisioning Shinichi Kudo - of what Conan was supposed to look like if he never ingested APTX 4869.

No.

It can't be right.

He was definitely hallucinating this. A side-effect of the paralysis serum, perhaps?

"Maybe after all these years of playing charades as a child, you have gone to become one. Stupid, weak and naive. Didn't you want to be me again? What's wrong with you now?" it taunted. Conan shook his head, attempting to get a hold of himself.

"Is it because you wanted to get back with Ran?"

I don't know - Conan answered within him.

"Don't lie to yourself. I'm part of you, so I know all of that is bullshit. It's a minor reason, but not the main one," it explained.

"We both know we had an unsatisfactory childhood. Our parents were always absent, they often go overseas, leaving us with either Professor Agasa or a babysitter to take care of us. Ran was there for us as a friend, but we never really had someone to understand us. When we talk about cases and cerebral things... it was like talking to a wall, isn't it? When we get the highest scores in tests, the teachers would compare us, and we can sense glares miles away from our desk. No one wanted to play soccer with us. When there was homework, our messages would explode, but not much when there's none. They would smile at us, give us compliments, yet when their back is turned, they say the meanest shit. Nobody wants to see someone successful so easily-"

Stop...please - he pleaded, hoping for the manifestation of his imagination to just disappear.

"And what did we do? We insulted them back. We had our egos up high and shit on them when they were at the bottom of the hierarchy. Ran and Sonoko were the only two people that we gave that exception to, and what did we do? We lie to them, for years and years, until now. Shinichi was the foulest bastard. Yet, you still wanted to be me again..? Why do you think that's the case?" it taunted.