Epilogue I

A/N: I'm back! So the epilogue was so long. I had to cut it into half. I haven't written the second half. THERE ARE STILL TWO MORE PARTS! The transitions were so weird. So I injected parts of a poem I had created to make this chapter more weaved and integrated together. Enjoy. 

*PLEASE READ THE A/N AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER FOR MORE INFO ON MY THOUGHT PROCESS ABOUT THIS EPILOGUE LATER. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system's a lie. It claims to be fair.

For every sinner that arrives,

There is one good-doer that dies.

But really, not all have an equal share.

Humans are imperfect creatures.

Some are granted a chance. 

While some see the grim reaper dance,

and their remains fed to vultures. 

The ones biased for pretend and repent,

in the name of crime and punishment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

The system's a lie. It claims to be fair. 

For every sinner that arrives,

"Whoah, where's the fire?" Heiji chortled. He observed his wife leading him to a restaurant that she had always wanted to try in an enthusiastic manner. She had ordered a variety of food from the menu. 

After the fiasco, there had been fewer arguments between the two of them and Kazuha managed to overcome her alcoholic tendencies, finding a new career in the process. As a result,  their financial status has been stabilised and Heiji could cut some slack in his work in order to spend quality time with her. 

Things had been going well - Heiji noted as he watched Kazuha munched onto the food. 

"What are you looking at?"

He shook his head, "nothing, just... You look as though you wanted to tell me something." 

"Oh..." she stopped eating and composed herself, "well- I do. How do I start...?" 

"After that crazy incident... I mean- it's still hard to digest that Conan-kun was Shinichi Kudo all along! How insane was that?! But that's not the point- what I mean to say is... when you got sent to the hospital and I was told you got into an accident... I was worried sick! I couldn't sleep- I thought that I'd lose you..." she was nearly crying. Heiji rested his hand on her shoulder. 

"I thought I was going to lose you both. I messed up, you see... After I had that miscarriage, I was just so sad... I didn't mean to blame it on you, or the alcohol... but... I felt like I was drowning in self-loathing. Then thank goodness- that you were still alive! I wanted to- I just knew I have to be a better wife for you..."