Deductions

A/N: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT WATCHED UP TO THE SCARLET ARC, OR WATCHED MOVIE 20.

I SUGGEST WATCHING MOVIE 20 FIRST. IT GIVES AN OVERALL VIEW OF THE ORGANISATION.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh. Cool kid!" Jodie exclaimed the moment she busted into the Agasa residence. On the way home, Conan called up the FBI and CIA members to discuss the case. Behind her was Akai, carrying a bulky black bag, presumably his sniper and other necessary equipment.

"Hello, Jodie-sensei and Akai," he greeted back. Jodie responded by giving him a warm embrace, commenting about how he still addressed her as "sensei" after all these years. Yet, his attention was focused on Akai. The man with thick eyelashes and lime-green eyes, staring at Conan back. He was aware that Akai might have known certain things about the Organisation and Shiho's past through Akemi. Whatever it was, he was dying to know.

"So, what about Vermouth?"

"Belmot is still alive," Conan answered, "have you seen the e-mail of Violette's case that I sent you? Violette Cisson, infiltrated the organization to avenge her father's death. Violette's mother was missing. That is because she was taken away and forced her to undergo surgery to look exactly like Chris Vineyard. Then, one of the members hacked the database and replace all the identification and fingerprints of Violette's mother to her's. So Belmot was running free in all these years."

Jodie audibly gasped, "and Julias Cisson?" she asked.

"Julias is the father of Violette Cisson and the son of Jim Cisson. He was also the professor and a friend of Araide Tomoaki, Ran's husband," Conan answered.

"Yes, I've heard of that case, 8 years ago, his belongings were found in London, but his whereabouts remained unknown. Violette and Tomoaki tried in vain to search for the truth behind his disappearance, but remained unfruitful," Akai informed, his dark-lined eyes closed as he leaned against the door.

"Specialising in cellular physiology and DNA genome, he worked for the organization. He was blackmailed by the organization and had no choice but to comply, otherwise, the news of him having a love child outside of marriage will spread among the university compound. Thus he will lose his job and reputation, as well as at the cost of his marriage. They needed him to complete the APTX 4869 that Shiho Miyano left. But as he uncovers the truth of the APTX 4869 and its dreadful effect, he attempted to escape and reveal its secrets to the higher authorities, only to be killed by enforcing him to consume the drug, leaving no forensic trace of the poisoning," a voice piped up.

"Seriously," Rei Furuya appeared, looking more egoistic than ever, "do your homework, you FBI agents." He gave a smug look, which earned a frown from Jodie. While Jodie was offended, Akai remained calm. Whether or not he cared, Conan couldn't tell.

Turning to leave, Akai stated, "I think I could figure things out myself. I'll be in the Kudo residence in case something happens outside." With that, he picked up his case -probably containing a sniper- and walked off.

"Wait-!"

"Akai-san!" Conan called out.

"What is it, boy ah?"

"I was curious..." Conan began, hesitantly, "... You knew Miyano Akemi, didn't you? And her sister, Miyano Shiho."

"Of course, there were my mother's nieces after all," he stated blandly.

"Then..."

"Speak up, small detective-"

But the boy continued to be reluctant. From his anguished frown, there was something bothering him deep down. It was a rare sight for them to see the young boy like this.