Notes & Ai's reaction

Kiss of Death

Author's Notes and Sneak Peek of Ai's reaction

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Sorry if this was a false chapter. I will clear it up once I've updated. There was just this recent review that I immediately wanted to clear up, and because of my part-time work, I am unable to update.

So, there was this guest "Nalu" who reviewed. Well, first off, thanks for the review & since I cannot reply to your review, I wanted to say it here.

I highly disagree that Ai plays the Damsel in Distress while Ran doesn't.

If you have paid attention to the DC franchise, you can tell that both actually plays the Damsel in Distress, and both saves people as well.

Ai plays the Damsel in Distress whenever there is an incident of the Black Organisation because she becomes a target for them, given that she has betrayed the syndicate. However, there are times where she risks her life to save Conan & the others, like the time where Conan gets kidnapped and she went to look for him. There are other moments where she bargained her life to Vermouth, in exchange of the safety of others. Because she has limited physical strength, she can only think of ways to sacrifice or use her intelligence in order to save the people she's sincere of.

On the other hand, since Ran is supposedly the main interest of the series, she gets in trouble and Shinichi saves her. Yet, she also attempts to save people, like Sonoko in Movie 9 and Ai in the Vermouth arc. But because she can only depend on her physical strength, she gets overpowered when people use non-combat skills against her.

Don't worry, I will create moments where Ran and Ai gets to save people, but it'll take a lot of character interactions & development in the story. So please be patient. For that to happen in this Fanfic, I will need to create scenes where Ai actually overcomes her fear & for Ran to absorb the facts that people kept her in the dark about. So it might need to take up more chapters for it to happen.

As for Ran being an important character in the series, I can say that she is important and the main because she has deep ties with Shinichi, but frankly speaking, she's not that essential to the BO plot. A lot of characters (Detective Boys, Sonoko etc.) are not completely tied to the BO, and the BO plot can be easily progressed without them in it. I feel that it was a good idea to get Ran involved with Vermouth seeing her as an "angel" in the plot, because that can create a lot of involvement with her in the BO. But the problem with placing her in such a dangerous situation would have been too risky and heartbreaking. But on this Fanfic, I will make her interact with Vermouth & also get her involved (because I feel that it is her character to just disobey the rules & try to save someone, even though it's against a formidable person).

I just wanted to clear this out.

I'm getting sick of the comments where people argue about "Ran is weak vs Ran is strong" & "Ai is always scared vs Ai is so fearless". Both have their pros and cons okay, they both have weaknesses & strengths. The only issue that people compare them a lot are because they are complete polar opposites. Personally, I feel that people just debate on the whole Ran vs Ai stuff without actually analysing & considering the characters objectively. They just get too biased over their favourites to actually consider some characters. I just like Ai more because she's more relateable for me & her past is really mysterious.

Anyway, I would like to thank the reviewer for stating her/his likeness of the story. I just wanted to clear this misunderstanding up.

To make it up for those who wanted an update, here's a sneak peek of Ai's reaction!